There are 163 users in the forums

i think by now most of us know we wont be getting pp or von miller

Originally posted by miked1978:
If Daquan would stop falling PP could be realistic.

Bowers knee is killing us right now. As he falls Peterson just becomes that ore attractive to one of the teams above us in the draft. If Bowers falls no way Peterson makes it to 7
True and the fact that suh was so gpod only encourages a team to take a dt or d lineman bc they may be more valuable than a cb. If bowers falls which is a pretty good chance he will.......we are assed out of petersen miller and have to go with quinn prince or just take bpa which might be aj green.
Just remember a couple years ago there was no way that Crabtree was gonna fall to us either
Originally posted by gilwankel:
Just remember a couple years ago there was no way that Crabtree was gonna fall to us either

I think some of us are wishing that he hadn't
if they are not there prince or bowers would be ok with me
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by miked1978:
If Daquan would stop falling PP could be realistic.

Bowers knee is killing us right now. As he falls Peterson just becomes that ore attractive to one of the teams above us in the draft. If Bowers falls no way Peterson makes it to 7

I would be laughing my a$$ of if we ended up picking Bowers.
draft didnt happen, it could still happen. its actually pretty realistic for peterson to drop i think. miller will probably be gone tho
Originally posted by elguapo:
True and the fact that suh was so gpod only encourages a team to take a dt or d lineman bc they may be more valuable than a cb. If bowers falls which is a pretty good chance he will.......we are assed out of petersen miller and have to go with quinn prince or just take bpa which might be aj green.

Unless Newton takes his place..

Talking and arguing absolutes about who a team is going to draft is asinine, especially when it's not your team.
I dont think we know that at all.

I don't think the bowers thing is the real issue. Cam, Gabbert and Aj Green getting picked in the first six will help but to me the real issue is that many of the teams have the same needs as the Niners. They are all bad teams needing a shut down corner, a An OLB in the 3-4 D or a franchise QB. Hopefully AJ Green can clog up a pick and Cam and Gabbert as well. Dareus is sure to go in the first six so hopefully it will work in our favor. We will need one more player to make some noise to get Miller or Peterson or Quinn to make it to us. Hopefully Fairley or Bowers can get a boost but i'm not too worried about it. I have confidence in Harbs and Balke to be aggressive and get the guys we need rather than worry about the guys we could have had.
Never say Never.
I wish the Niners would go PeePee in this draft.
I guess the worse case scenario possible would have Peterson, Miller and Quinn gone by pick #7 in that scenario it might be advantagous just to trade down and we could still get
Bowers or Akimura
Originally posted by KRS-1:
1- By now most us should know that you just never know how things will shake out.

2- Not everyone is convinced Miller is a better prospect than Quinn (there are some who think had Quinn played last year he'd be a top 3 pick this year). Most have him ahead but not all. However that does not mean the sky is falling.

Case in point : Darelle Revis was not a top 10 pick, and most did not even have him as a top 10 pick in their mock drafts, yet he became the best DB taken in that class and he was the 2nd DB off the board. He wasn't 6 feet tall, did not possess 4.3 speed (he ran a 4.38 at his pro day but that time will be rounded up as we all know) and in a 2007 re-draft he would now be a top 3 pick arguably even #1 overall.

Personally, I have concerns about Miller's size and his ability to endure a long NFL season against the biggest and strongest competition he has ever seen. I'm not saying he wont be able to rush the passer, but much like Bob Sanders his smaller frame may begin to breakdown after a few years.
Share 49ersWebzone