LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

GoFD pre-draft mocking

Originally posted by ninertico:
Nice job Ghost! Thanks for the effort and would love the first two pick. I, too, believe that there will be a MAJOR run on QBs starting in the twenties. I can see a team possibly trade back like Minny to grab Mallett. I can see Seattle taking Ponder. That's four in the first already, man.

After those two, Dalton, Kaepernick and Locker become hot commodities to the teams at the top of round two including us. To review the QB needy teams: Car, Buf, Cincy, AZ, SF, Tenn, Wash, Minny, Mia, Sea and now maybe even NE and Indy to get their successors to Brady and Manning respectively. That's frickin' 12 possible teams for seven QBs up and down the first and second rounds.

Cam and Gabbert go top five. So now we have to wait for a QB with our second pick at #45? That's not going to happen as all the rest of the QBs WILL be gone. We are the last team to pick with a QB need at #45. We will have to leap frog to at leat #33 for a shot at Kaepernick or Dalton, IMO. Like Ghost, I see Ponder and Mallet gone in the first, too.

I actually see #28 from NE being our destination. At that point, it will be either Ponder, Dalton or Kaepernick. I would love Kaep because of his incredible upside, yet I believe Dalton's makeup allows him to ramp up faster.

Both would be awesome. Still, Ghost is right in that we will have to jump into the first to get our QB of the future.

Period.

Nice job again, Ghost!

Again, i agree. Reading you response seriously gets me pumped and i looked to see how many more days we have left till the draft. The part in bold is what is most exciting. I hate to trade picks away but there is nothing we can do. We are at the bottom end of the QB situation and we will have to do something unless Harbs doesn't really like these guys anyways. If he does than we will find out who he has liked all along when they trade up to get them. Doesn't matter who it is, the great thing is that the Niners will be making bold and aggressive moves to get the guys that they want. Can't wait!!
Ok, I was wrong about the DE/OLB (thought it was going to be Quinn), but was right about going after a pass rusher over a CB then trading up for Kap (though was off by a few picks).

I whiffed on the actual players (except trading up for Kap, of course!), but have nailed the positions in terms of our top 4 picks:

1.) Pass rusher.
2.) QB
3.) CB
4.) RB

Pat on the back.

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 30, 2011 at 10:25:56 ]
Share 49ersWebzone