LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 184 users in the forums

49ers on the clock........

Choice one: Peterson
Two: Miller
Three: trade down
Four Prince
I'm gonna shake things up big time here: I like Prince more than Peterson...He has the athletic skills, the character, the intelligence, the work ethic and he only had one bad game that most people point to as the reason he won't succeed. Peterson gave up a bunch of catches when he played Julio Jones, it happens, these are young guys. But I like Prince's technique and ability to be a pure corner back.
Dareus, Peterson, Quinn... maybe Amukamara... If not, trade back.
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by susweel:
My top three

Peterson
Miller
Quin

Not a fan of Prince.

neither am I, but Quinn would take some time to ramp up and Amukamara already played the type of coverage expected from Fangio. He can press well and cover when needed. Also, he's adept to learning quickly and extraordinary work ethic. He will stay later than most in the film room.

I would want Quinn over Prince in any other year, but this one. That's why this CBA sucks.

BTW, I have always said the top three for the 49ers should be Dareus, Miller or Peterson. If not, trade down and that includes Prince and Quinn. If a QB drops to us, we should get some beefy offers to move back and select a top flight 3-4 DE or Phil Taylor as our true NT.

We would get more picks to maneuver for a QB in the latter part of the first or beginning in the second.

Why not a fan of Prince?

prince is a SHUT-DOWN cornerback!!

Thankyou!
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Four Prince
Originally posted by 9moon:
If these three players (Quinn, Miller and Prince) are left for us to take, I then suggest that we trade down out of the top 10.. I really don't like those 3 players gettin picked in the top 10.

1) Quinn - he's a 4-3 DE, if we draft him to play OLB, then it'll be Andre Carter all over again. Don't let his athleticism fool you just like Lawson fooled us already.

2) Miller - he's speed just wont be enuff in this league.. i saw him often during the season and as good as he is, i just doubt that he's a top 10 pick.. but if i had to choose between he and Quinn, i wouldn't like to, but I'd choose Miller.

3) Prince - I believed this in the 80s, and i kept that belief in the 90s, and up to this day, i just dont think any CBs from Nebraska can cover NFL receivers.

Pitt isnt known to have shut down corners (Please no Spencer references here) yet they produced Darrel Revis. Prince is just as physical and alot faster. I am totally good with having a faster Revis on our team.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
But Prince being faster and more physical than Revis does not mean that he too will be a shut down corner... Revis wasn't even ranked that high and no scouts ever foreseen Revis being a shut down corner..
MALLETT
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Four Prince
  • fan49
  • Veteran
its on nfl.com

1. Peterson
2. Amukamara
3. Quinn
But Prince being faster and more physical than Revis does not mean that he too will be a shut down corner... Revis wasn't even ranked that high and no scouts ever foreseen Revis being a shut down corner..

Revis was in fact considered a shutdown corner and was considered a top-15 pick (Ended up going at #14) and Revis didn't run at the combine, but at his Pro-Day he ran a 4.39-4.40 so Revis actually wasn't much "slower then Peterson (4.31) or Prince (4.38). And Revis was known for being physical. So your perception of Revis is completely off.
Darrelle Revis Scouting Report
Quote:
Darrelle Revis is a natural athlete with true shutdown corner potential. He has ideal size for playing cornerback at the next level and displays great instincts to locate the ball and make the "big play". Revis is physical in coverage and not afraid to demonstrate his hard-hitting style against the run. He plays with a nasty, aggressive streak on the field to match his physical stature. Revis has tremendous quickness and demonstrates the speed to keep up with receivers on deep routes. He demonstrates very solid cover techniques, but needs to be careful about relying solely on his athletic abilities against more talented receivers at the next level. During his final two seasons, Revis displayed his versatility returning punts at Pittsburgh, including two for touchdowns. Revis is clearly one of the elite cornerback prospects in the 2007 draft and has the potential to excel as a shutdown cover in the NFL. His talent and tremendous upside make him a mid to late first round selection.
FootballsFuture.com
Quote:
Revis, only a junior, is arguably the top corner in the draft. His play on the field and impressive post season performance could make him the first corner taken in the draft. He is a definite first round talent, and could be taken in the Top 15.

Oh and fyi, I do believe Prince will be a lockdown CB in the NFL, just like Revis.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
.. we'll talk about Prince again after the season.. and i dont expect him to be awful, but at the same time, i dont see him being close to being a shut down corner..
.. we'll talk about Prince again after the season.. and i dont expect him to be awful, but at the same time, i dont see him being close to being a shut down corner..

And that's fine, your entitled to your opinion. I just have to disagree with you assessment of Prince.
peterson
miller
daerus
prince
quinn

those are the order i wwould want them in but i would be happy with any of them (unless we pass on peterson for one of the others)
Share 49ersWebzone