LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Brooks Reed

Just wondering how this guy's stock has risen so much... amazing combine?

Every draft magazine I've read that was published 1-2 months ago, has him listed as a 5th or 6th rounder.

He's becoming a webzone favorite, but, personally, I don't like it when a guys stock rises that much without him having played a single game.
hyper inflated right now
He looks like Clay Matthews.

Literally.

I don't think he'll play like him but I do like him...just not in the first round.
Yeah I would have loved to get him in the 3rd round, even 2nd I could live with. But it looks more and more likely that he'll be drafted in the 1st which is insane.

Although having said that I could see him ending up on the Patriots with their 2nd pick (low risk), and in 5 years everyone will be saying what an amazing pick it was.
Originally posted by northvan49erman:

Every draft magazine I've read that was published 1-2 months ago, has him listed as a 5th or 6th rounder.

He's becoming a webzone favorite, but, personally, I don't like it when a guys stock rises that much without him having played a single game.

Good combine numbers lead to many experts to look back at his tape. then his stock got elevated to the 2nd/3rd range
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by northvan49erman:

Good combine numbers lead to many experts to look back at his tape. then his stock got elevated to the 2nd/3rd range

Yep he's a good player who's flown under the radar a bit. He will be a 2nd rounder when all is said and done I think. Would live to see him in a Niners uni.
Oh and to more directly answer the question:

The Packers won the Super Bowl with Clay Mathews playing a major, major role and this is copycat league. The comparisons between the two are a bit over blown because of the hair, but they do have similar size and measurables and played similar styles in college. Reed's combine stats definitely made a lot of people think he'll handle the transition to stand-up, rush linebacker as easily as Mathews did as well.
We have no idea if his stock has actually risen.
Originally posted by Digger:

The Packers won the Super Bowl with Clay Mathews playing a major, major role and this is copycat league. The comparisons between the two are a bit over blown because of the hair, but they do have similar size and measurables and played similar styles in college. Reed's combine stats definitely made a lot of people think he'll handle the transition to stand-up, rush linebacker as easily as Mathews did as well.

Agreed. Specifically, Reed's 10-yard split (which is the more critical measureable than a 40 yard time) was elite and on par with Clay Matthews...meaning they both have amazing quickness, burst and short area explosion (obviously key to being a top-tier pass rushing LB).
Originally posted by genus49:
He looks like Clay Matthews.

Literally.

I don't think he'll play like him but I do like him...just not in the first round.

I think he's going to be much more Travis Laboy than Matthews though

Originally posted by natrone06:

Right, it's all conjecture at this point.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by natrone06:

Right, it's all conjecture at this point.

Good point, and I agree. It's media/draftnik perception right now.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Digger:

Agreed. Specifically, Reed's 10-yard split (which is the more critical measureable than a 40 yard time) was elite and on par with Clay Matthews...meaning they both have amazing quickness, burst and short area explosion (obviously key to being a top-tier pass rushing LB).

BROOKS REED = next CLAY MATTHEWS!!!
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/At-the-Podium-Brooks-Reed/a492edbe-b839-4241-b0ef-ede31beea723
Originally posted by TlSSER:
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/At-the-Podium-Brooks-Reed/a492edbe-b839-4241-b0ef-ede31beea723

I like what he said when asked what he likes about Matthews game.
Share 49ersWebzone