LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

256 picks - 7 rounds - oldie's April Mock

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
I love your picks but I want Patrick Peterson. And Mallet if he's there at 45.

Mallet's immobility and caracter issues scare me to death.
Hey Oldman, I always appreciate your opinions around here. Any new opinions on how this draft is gonna play out since you posted this? I am a big fan of Quinn and would be happy with him in a niner jersey. But it sounds more and more like Dalton may be gone for our 2nd pick. What do you think about Stanzi in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Looks like there may be an early run on QBs. Leaving the niners having to grab one earlier than their slotted projection.
we're gonna draft at least 1 stanford guy...
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

dude nice work! love the pics! I would love Quinn also and I really think if he played his Sr year he'd be a top 3 pick. I really hope your wrong about the players departing we need Franklin back or we need to consider spending one of our 2 first picks on a NT. again great job man

I liked everything He said untill I saw 12 million for Alex.. No way would I give him that... The most I give Alex is 2 million dollars tops... And I would only sign him 1 year...If I had no other options..

good luck getting a starting qb for 2 million a year, especially since it seems we are trying to woo him back. I know you hate him but be realistic.
Zero help in the defensive secondary scares me to death! Clements and Spencer again would be awful.
That'd be a decent draft. Why does Taiwan Jones fall all the way to the 7th round in your draft though? I'd take him over Noel Devine.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
sounds like a good draft to me
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
That'd be a decent draft. Why does Taiwan Jones fall all the way to the 7th round in your draft though? I'd take him over Noel Devine.

In all honesty, I had Taiwan as a 5th rounder prior to his pro day explosion. So yeah, he will need to be seriously bumped up. For more honesty, how many of us really watched this guy play much to really have known? We all knew enough to say he had a lot of talent, but with injuries and thick depth for the later RB class, I did not imagine such a jump in rankings.
Like the whole draft except the Conte pick.. We have too many SS's on the team already.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Like the whole draft except the Conte pick.. We have too many SS's on the team already.

Agreed. I would look at another CB or 3-4 DE (L. Guy from Arizona St) at that point in the draft.

Originally posted by toppdogg32:

Fair enough and I can respect the opinion, but with 4.53 speed, why can Conte not be our future at FS ?

I personally like Reggie Smith at SS, if Taylor Mays doesn't show marked improvement, and we should plan for Goldson to want too much money and walk at some early point. Either way, Smith and Goldson are running out of contract years, and Conte is a steal in the 5th round.
I wanna see some "OH s**t" plays....

Dang Quinn doesn't look very explosive to me. I wanna see some WHOOO plays like when P Willy stuffed the LSU running back at the goal line or ran down Mcfadden in the open field.

I haven't really seen any OH s**t plays.
Share 49ersWebzone