There are 243 users in the forums

Going To The Draft

Me and a couple buddies are looking to go to the draft this april, has anyone ever gone before? How does one get tickets for it? We live 20 mins outside the city so we thought itd be cool to finally see what its like. Thanks.
Originally posted by Sf49ers220:
Me and a couple buddies are looking to go to the draft this april, has anyone ever gone before? How does one get tickets for it? We live 20 mins outside the city so we thought itd be cool to finally see what its like. Thanks.

Nice
I haven't gone before but here is a link to the procedure from last year. I'm assuming it will be the sme :

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8172490e&template=with-video&confirm=true

To get entry into the first day you will have to buy tickets from an online broker but I don't see any links to one that has the tickets available yet. If you go to ticketcity.com and provide you with an email address, they will send you an update on when it becomes available. Have fun!
Went to four drafts in a row, from 2004-2007, but that was before the draft switched from Saturday to Thursday night.

However, my advice to you is to get there early on Wednesday. People will fly in from around the country with their Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys gear, and some don't get in line early enough to make it (It is really sad to see them all painted up with nowehere to go, especially with young kids). There are not that many seats for the general public, and it is first come, first served. So, don't be sloppy arriving late. I used to get my ticket from a friend from NFL Films, and trust me, a lot of the tickets go out to people associated with the NFL Network, NFL Films, and many other sports outlets. Many tickets are also handed out to those who attended the draft the year before and stuck it out through the end of the draft.

The moral of the story: Let someone else have a sad story. Be there early.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Good luck buddy, it is first come first serve and people wait in line from the day before. So bring a sleeping bag, food and water.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
Me and a couple buddies are looking to go to the draft this April

Lucky bum.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 4, 2011 at 6:11 AM ]
if you get in Boo Roger Goodell everytime he shows his face
Originally posted by valrod33:
if you get in Boo Roger Goodell everytime he shows his face

This. Relentlessly.

Guy is ruining the game.
jets fans fight over spots in line and are aggressive for the first day.

day 2 and 3 should be easier to get in, even though no players are there
Originally posted by Sf49ers220:

I'm 99 percent sure it's too late. I went to the draft last year through an ESPN connection, because the tickets where sold out way in advance. Much like going to a live game, it has it's pros and cons. Engery is great, and we stalked most of the top talent most of the week. However, I missed the Kiper/Mayock breakdowns and my the gurus on the Zone. There are Niner fans there, but it's not the same. I would highly reccomend going at least once, but only for the 1st and second round. Other than that, it's just not worth it.

Share 49ersWebzone