There are 299 users in the forums

my 7 cents mock draft (x2) ...

Originally posted by 49Fever:
... doesn't go beyond #7 cos we don't care what happens after the niners pick

#1 Carolina : DT Marcell Dareus
(Maybe Carolina has a trade for a QB in mind and don't pick Cameron. With all the money that goes here, you draft the surrest thing and a DL if it's not a QB)

#2 Denver : CB Patrick Peterson
(Dareus gone, they pick the best CB to be trained by Bailey and have a solid secondary to compensate the wickness of the line but they'll have Dumervil back !)

#3 Buffalo : OLB Von Miller
(they have one of the best playmakers coming out of college)

#4 Cincinnati : QB Cam Cameron
(Palmer gone, they gotta go QB and i think they want a better playmaker with more potential so they go Cam instead of Gabbert)

#5 Arizona : QB Blaine Gabbert
(Like cincy they need a QB and they take the best available)

#6 Cleveland Browns : WR AJ Green
(They absolutely need a WR and this guy is phenomenal. A no brainer here. This guy moves and sprints with the ball like the GOAT. He has great upside and could be great for some years)

#7 49ers : DT Nick Fairley
(My biggest fear just happened : the QB (gabbert), the DL (Darreus) the OLB (Miller) and the CB (Peterson) we were looking for are gone ! s**t happens man and you gotta deal with it. But as we will play a 4-3 we need a DL so that's why i picked him over Prince and one-year wonder Bowers)

Alternate mock :

#1 Carolina : QB Cam Cameron
(Matt Clausen first year looks worse than Alex Smith's. Of course he wasn't a #1 pick but that doesn't save him)

#2 Denver : DT Marcell Dareus
(It's no secret that the Broncos D was just horrendous. DL is more valuable here than LB or CB and Darreus looks more impressive than Fairley or Bowers)

#3 Arizona : QB Blaine Gabbert
(No i didn't make a mistake here, i know the Tards draft #5 but Hello! they trade up with Buffalo in a move that helps both teams. The Tards get the QB they want, the Bills think they'll have the DL they want plus more picks)
(PS: this scenario takes place because Carolina drafts a QB, If they don't then Arizona stays at #5)

#4 Cincinnati : WR AJ Green
(I just have a funny feeling that Cincy surprised by the Tards move pick a WR then a QB early in the 2nd round where they could still find Ponder so they help him by selecting the best WR in the mix)

#5 Buffalo : OLB Von Miller
(One thing that could make the trade with zona difficult is the fear of the bills management losing this guy to cincy. But zona gives good compensation so they take their shot ... and they win : either mock they get their man)

#6 Cleveland Browns : CB Patrick Peterson
(Unfortunately the Browns pick the last guy that is clearly over the top and take our guy. Good pick. Good luck ... basstardz)

(see othet mock above)

So the first seven are the same in both mocks but the order differs

If it goes down like this, then the 49ers should:

1. Draft Prince

or

2. Draft Quinn

or

3. Trade down
If we take Fairley, I'll be even more pissed than when we took Balmer
I can't see any situation where we would take Fairley because he just plain doesn't fit our defense. So why would we waste the 7th pick of the draft on a guy that won't even be effective for us?
would be so pissed if we took fairley, we dont need a 4-3 dlineman whos inconsistent and takes plays off playing in the 3-4
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
would be so pissed if we took fairley, we dont need a 4-3 dlineman whos inconsistent and takes plays off playing in the 3-4

LOL Inconsistent? Fairly was always doubled teamed. Took plays off well all big guys do. More so when theyre the focus of the OL to stop. Its a stamina issue not laziness. You wont find 300 lbs guys not taking plays off. SEC sack leader, inconsistent and takes plays off thats hilarious. The guy gets tired but tries every time. Fairly is a beast id take him if hes availiable. He would be a freak DE in a 3-4. Head n shoulders above Soap or McDonald imo.
I'd opt for either Quinn or Amukamara instead of Fairley...but, the statement we don't need a penetrating DE is not accurate. Both Nolan and Singletary settled for Sopoaga at LDE...but he is NOT a truly effective bookend to Justin Smith. Eating up space and blockers is all well and good...but in the better 3-4 DL's around the league, the DE's do more and are expected to do more. I believe that'll be the case in Fangio's defense, too, him being a Dom Capers disciple and all. Anyway, Fairley simply doesn't have the body of work deserving of a #7 pick IMHO. If they're not sold on Quinn or Amukamara, then by all means, trade down. It'd get us another pick and one of the better players in the country to boot.
OK I've stopped the april's fool thing and i edited my post
Concerning Fairley i stated that it would be in a 4-3 D so my 7 cents is also on the niners to change D even if that means installing a new D after a lockout. I know the chances are slim but we gotta find a way to put pressure on the opponents QB plus we'll lose Franklin so running a 3-4 will be more problematic. I see Fairley doing quite well being double team and letting Justin be one on one with a OL or Patrick on blitzes with a RB. We would have matchups where we'll take advantage.
In fact i see Fairley as a Dana Stubblefield without the addiction. Or maybe he could replace Bryant Young in our hearts ? who knows ...
Sorry for the double post, had problems with my PC
[ Edited by 49Fever on Apr 3, 2011 at 1:10 AM ]
It doesn't matter what you think, the reality is all that matters. JH hired VF to be DC who runs a 3-4. Now the only variation is that they may do what they did with Dean and Haley which is the elephant, where the OLB line up as a down lineman. Plus VF's 3-5 is different than Munasky's 3-4.

So if I am going to take a chance it would be on Quinn than Fairley. Prince is preferable, because the more I read on him, the more I like.

Also, whether or not Franklin is resigned or not is not a done deal. The niners want to see what the market is going to offer him, this way they can gauge and not overpay him, if someone will overpay then they let him go. I really think the niners are going to go after CB NA in free agency, especially if they lower or let go NC and can't resign Franklin. I feel the brass feels the Soap and Jean are adequate and will get someone in the draft say the 4th round where we have 2 picks.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

(Maybe Carolina has a trade for a QB in mind and don't pick Cameron. With all the money that goes here, you draft the surrest thing and a DL if it's not a QB)

(Dareus gone, they pick the best CB to be trained by Bailey and have a solid secondary to compensate the wickness of the line but they'll have Dumervil back !)

#4 Cincinnati : QB Cam Cameron
(Palmer gone, they gotta go QB and i think they want a better playmaker with more potential so they go Cam instead of Gabbert)

(They absolutely need a WR and this guy is phenomenal. A no brainer here. This guy moves and sprints with the ball like the GOAT. He has great upside and could be great for some years)

(My biggest fear just happened : the QB (gabbert), the DL (Darreus) the OLB (Miller) and the CB (Peterson) we were looking for are gone ! s**t happens man and you gotta deal with it. But as we will play a 4-3 we need a DL so that's why i picked him over Prince and one-year wonder Bowers)

Alternate mock :

#1 Carolina : QB Cam Cameron
(Matt Clausen first year looks worse than Alex Smith's. Of course he wasn't a #1 pick but that doesn't save him)

(It's no secret that the Broncos D was just horrendous. DL is more valuable here than LB or CB and Darreus looks more impressive than Fairley or Bowers)

(No i didn't make a mistake here, i know the Tards draft #5 but Hello! they trade up with Buffalo in a move that helps both teams. The Tards get the QB they want, the Bills think they'll have the DL they want plus more picks)
(PS: this scenario takes place because Carolina drafts a QB, If they don't then Arizona stays at #5)

(I just have a funny feeling that Cincy surprised by the Tards move pick a WR then a QB early in the 2nd round where they could still find Ponder so they help him by selecting the best WR in the mix)

(One thing that could make the trade with zona difficult is the fear of the bills management losing this guy to cincy. But zona gives good compensation so they take their shot ... and they win : either mock they get their man)

(Unfortunately the Browns pick the last guy that is clearly over the top and take our guy. Good pick. Good luck ... basstardz)

(see othet mock above)

If it goes down like this, then the 49ers should:

1. Draft Prince

or

2. Draft Quinn

or

3. Trade down

My thinking as well.

(Maybe Carolina has a trade for a QB in mind and don't pick NEWTON. With all the money that goes here, you draft the surrest thing and a DL if it's not a QB)

#4 Cincinnati : QB Cam NEWTON

Alternate mock :

#1 Carolina : QB Cam NEWTON

(see othet mock above)

I dont like it and since when has Fangio, one of the main dudes that brought back the 3-4 decided to abandon all of his ideal and beliefs and abandon them for the 4-3 scheme he turned his back on years ago while helping re-innovate the 3-4?

(Maybe Carolina has a trade for a QB in mind and don't pick NEWTON. With all the money that goes here, you draft the surrest thing and a DL if it's not a QB)

#4 Cincinnati : QB Cam NEWTON

Alternate mock :

#1 Carolina : QB Cam NEWTON

(see othet mock above)

I think we would take Quinn or Prince before we would even consider Fairley. Or at least I hope that would be the case.
Share 49ersWebzone