LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

My Niners Mock V 1.0

This would be a sweet draft. I don't feel Kapernick [sp] drops that far. Even so, this draft with a solid FA and we really have improved.
Three OL two S and not one DL...I don't think Fangio would go for that. He'll have some influence with Harbaugh and Baalke on the players chosen. Agree on Fua...he'd be nice in a DL rotation. I'd also take a DE, or a DT who could play DE in a 3-4. One mock I saw earlier today that was a bit different, but I liked it was New Draft Season.com's. They had us getting Quinn in the 1st and OLB Mal Foster from WA in the 2nd. Foster's a mad tackler and can also pressure the QB...he was one of the most consistent players in the country. I'm really wondering if Kaepernick will last 'til the 3rd rd...I think he could definitely go in the 2nd.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by Chief:
Please no Kaepernick

agreed... i'm just not big on him especially for a 3rd rounder but that's just me. probably because i like Dalton, Ponder and Locker more. Good Mock though. I like Peterson, Moffitt, and KirkPatrick and Maeric.

Kaep will go in the second. No way he lasts until the third. One team out there has to be extremely high on him.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by Chief:
Please no Kaepernick

agreed... i'm just not big on him especially for a 3rd rounder but that's just me. probably because i like Dalton, Ponder and Locker more. Good Mock though. I like Peterson, Moffitt, and KirkPatrick and Maeric.

Kaep will go in the second. No way he lasts until the third. One team out there has to be extremely high on him.

Just don't think there's any way he gets past the likes of all the QB-needy teams in the 2nd.

Arizona, Tennessee, Washington, us, Cincy -- one of them has to bite. After that, to get to the 3rd, he'd have to fall past Minnesota, Miami, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Indy, and Seattle. Just not going to happen.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This would be a sweet draft. I don't feel Kapernick [sp] drops that far. Even so, this draft with a solid FA and we really have improved.

Kaep was just invited to the draft at NYC. The NFL usually only invite predictable first rounders (actually top of first round). Today reports of out KC state they want him and will use their 1st round pick (21st). Now I'm subjectively extremely high on him.

But find it very funny that after his college career was over with Nevada (Kraft Bowl this year) you couldn't find him rated above a six round pick. After Senior Bowl and Combine you hear maybe a 5 then a 4. Then get all the Draftniks and Analysts whipping themselves into a group mindset thats resembles feeding frenzies. Look at the Kaep thread here. Many here didn't want to use a 3rd round pick on him ... end of the thread many tout he won't be there in the second. Crazy man.
Share 49ersWebzone