There are 159 users in the forums

Pay for Peterson?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7499365.html

ESPN.com is reporting that a former Texas A&M assistant coach says a man who runs a Texas-based recruiting service told him the Aggies had to "beat" $80,000 if it wanted to sign Patrick Peterson out of high school.

Will this impact him in the draft in any way? I doubt it. Just wanted to get some of your thoughts.

[ Edited by 9erguy on Mar 31, 2011 at 06:20:37 ]
Got a buddy that goes to FSU and said this stuff is still pretty rampant
You mean to tell me there are shady recruiting tactics in college football?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Next thing we'll hear is that he is stealing laptops.
Originally posted by genus49:

Quoting a line from Casablanca, "I'm shocked, just shocked to find out that there is ..."
Well, I'm just very happy that he has set the benchmark for his signing bonus if we draft him.

Thanks genius . Not exactly the point I was trying to get across. Of course we all know this and have known this for years (regarding the pay for play scenario).

Was in my local paper this morning and he's someone we're targeting. Thought it was a interesting tid bit. It also deals with a possible character flaw. When you are 18, you know right from wrong...i.e. Cam Newton. I'm not a big fan of Cam, but it seemed to be a much bigger deal with him. Is it because hes a QB and the potential face of a franchise? probably..

Anything for PP to drop to us helps.
Originally posted by 9erguy:

Thanks genius . Not exactly the point I was trying to get across. Of course we all know this and have known this for years (regarding the pay for play scenario).

Was in my local paper this morning and he's someone we're targeting. Thought it was a interesting tid bit. It also deals with a possible character flaw. When you are 18, you know right from wrong...i.e. Cam Newton. I'm not a big fan of Cam, but it seemed to be a much bigger deal with him. Is it because hes a QB and the potential face of a franchise? probably..

No, the NFL doesn't care if these guys took money during college (only that it potentially reduced their body of work, like in the case of Robert Quinn). Peterson is an elite talent, and GMs will make that the #1 deciding factor when selecting him.

comeon admit to yourself this 1 thing for me. imagine you are a bad ass top rated type of dude in HS. you go to all the school recruiting trips etc.

would u not bang all the hot tail they put in front of you on those trips? OFCOURSE YOU WOULD!

would u not accept the $ offered to you? if given the opportunity wouldn't u try and get more if you knew u just had to play the market? OFCOURSE YOU WOULD!

The fact that we even blame the player at all is crazy 18 is only considered an adult because some jackass said so a long time ago. I'm 28 and I'm barely an adult, at 18 I would do just about anything for a large amount of money (still will) and a hot piece of ass (still do)

I don't give a s**t if this kid had all the coaches gather at his house for an auction. I want Peterson at #7 because he's AWESOME!

The NCAA can worry about the rule violators and all that crap. I personally couldn't give a crap who is late to class, not doing their homework, getting paid to play, banging out multiple cheerleaders and making them all crazy ass future baby moma's. I don't care, if they can play football especially for the 49ers that's all I and all we should care about.

Wait never mind WTF was I thinking? We need a good CB but only if that dude is 100% ethical. As long as they are not doing crap like Vick, Plax, Stalworth were/are doing again IDK.

Originally posted by matt49er:

comeon admit to yourself this 1 thing for me. imagine you are a bad ass top rated type of dude in HS. you go to all the school recruiting trips etc.

would u not bang all the hot tail they put in front of you on those trips? OFCOURSE YOU WOULD!

would u not accept the $ offered to you? if given the opportunity wouldn't u try and get more if you knew u just had to play the market? OFCOURSE YOU WOULD!

The fact that we even blame the player at all is crazy 18 is only considered an adult because some jackass said so a long time ago. I'm 28 and I'm barely an adult, at 18 I would do just about anything for a large amount of money (still will) and a hot piece of ass (still do)

I don't give a s**t if this kid had all the coaches gather at his house for an auction. I want Peterson at #7 because he's AWESOME!

The NCAA can worry about the rule violators and all that crap. I personally couldn't give a crap who is late to class, not doing their homework, getting paid to play, banging out multiple cheerleaders and making them all crazy ass future baby moma's. I don't care, if they can play football especially for the 49ers that's all I and all we should care about.

Wait never mind WTF was I thinking? We need a good CB but only if that dude is 100% ethical. As long as they are not doing crap like Vick, Plax, Stalworth were/are doing again IDK.

.. cool your jets ...This has nothing to do with banging chicks, being late to class and not doing homework. If that's the case, in this instance, I would be the epitomy of hypocrisy. Read again buddy, I WANT PETERSON. I dont care that he was paid. Was just pointing out the news.
No people dont pay for players in college do they?
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
No people dont pay for players in college do they?

Ho brah what volcanoe rock you been sleeping under?
The rock where everybody gets along and life is perfect.
it would be awesome if this helped him fall to us!
Share 49ersWebzone