There are 160 users in the forums

Kyle Padron QB SMU

I was looking at the SMU/TCU game, looking at Andy Dalton when SMU QB Kyle Padron caught my eye. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Kyle Padron.
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
I was looking at the SMU/TCU game, looking at Andy Dalton when SMU QB Kyle Padron caught my eye. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Kyle Padron.

he is not eligible in the upcoming draft...plays in a gimicky june jones offense, which has inflated qb stats in past--see timmy chang---padron has nice qb size 6-4 215
When he decides to declare next yr or the yr after (most likely) this thread will be pulled back up to the top, i GUARANTEE it.

This kid is special. He has that "it" and he's only a sophomore. Now clearly you can't get too carried away because of his numbers (June Jones offense) but this kid will open some eyes around the nation in 2011.

He has everything you want from the physical standpoint. Tall, well built, sound throwing mechanics, mobile, and he's got moxie.

His accuracy is above average (about 60%) for being a sophomore. His arm strength is very good, not great, but certainly the potential to be great with more time in the weight room. While the deep ball isn't great yet, the intermediate passing is excellent. Great zip on the ball. He's not your typical spread qb that catches, rocks, and throws to 1 read. He gets the ball in shotgun, usually takes a 3 step drop while reading the defense (loves to step up in the pocket) and throws the ball to where the receivers should be. That's something that shows me he's gonna be a great prospect.

I've seen about a dozen of his games and i assure you he's the real deal. IMO, at least.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
When he decides to declare next yr or the yr after (most likely) this thread will be pulled back up to the top, i GUARANTEE it.

This kid is special. He has that "it" and he's only a sophomore. Now clearly you can't get too carried away because of his numbers (June Jones offense) but this kid will open some eyes around the nation in 2011.

He has everything you want from the physical standpoint. Tall, well built, sound throwing mechanics, mobile, and he's got moxie.

His accuracy is above average (about 60%) for being a sophomore. His arm strength is very good, not great, but certainly the potential to be great with more time in the weight room. While the deep ball isn't great yet, the intermediate passing is excellent. Great zip on the ball. He's not your typical spread qb that catches, rocks, and throws to 1 read. He gets the ball in shotgun, usually takes a 3 step drop while reading the defense (loves to step up in the pocket) and throws the ball to where the receivers should be. That's something that shows me he's gonna be a great prospect.

I've seen about a dozen of his games and i assure you he's the real deal. IMO, at least.

I hope you're right about this kid. After reading his bio on the SMU website it said he was the MVP of the Bayou Bowl, a high school all star game between Texas and Louisiana football players. I was on the chain gang for this game and I remember seeing him play.
Like I said in my first post he caught my eye because I was looking at Andy Dalton and noticed Kyle. It will be interesting to see what kind of year he has in 2011. Due to the 2011 class of QB’s he may elect to stay in school all four years.
Share 49ersWebzone