LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Queretano's Mock Draft 3.0

Epic Fail. Trade down to wait until the 5th round to get our QB of the future? That is ridiculous.
Everyone knows how the Patriots roll. They add picks for the following draft. They're not trading up for Green or Peterson and they have no need for Peterson either.

I get that you want your mock to be as flashy as possible we all want to look smart and hit every need. Unfortunately it's just not reallistic. Home run trades rarely happen and never happen at the expense of the Pats. You might as well mock Peterson falling to us in the 2nd becuase that's just about as reallistic as that trade that you're suggesting.
I just want to say I totally agree with everyone, the Pats are looking to trade down not up. They have a team they're just adding depth now. However, saying home run trades never happen at the expense of the Pats just isn't true. If the Pats would have stayed put and drafted Jerry Rice instead of trading the pick to us... Our history would be much different!!! I know that was 20 years ago and i'm just nitpicking I just thought I'd mention it.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Epic Fail. Trade down to wait until the 5th round to get our QB of the future? That is ridiculous.

Gabbert, Locker and Ponder are the only QBs I see as potential starters in the short term, IMO all 3 of them will be drafted before 28th, Kaepernick could be there too but is an early 2nd pick, I know we need a QB badly but in this mock I don't see any that worth the pick at our reach until McElroy that I think is going to be a good QB, at least a decent backup
Originally posted by queretano:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Gabbert, Locker and Ponder are the only QBs I see as potential starters in the short term, IMO all 3 of them will be drafted before 28th, Kaepernick could be there too but is an early 2nd pick, I know we need a QB badly but in this mock I don't see any that worth the pick at our reach until McElroy that I think is going to be a good QB, at least a decent backup

I would exclude Locker from the list of potential starters in the short term. Ponder may still be available at #28 if the Seahawks take either Locker or Ryan Mallett (the true wild card QB). Either Kaepernick or Dalton would be a legit second round pickup at #45 with Harbaugh being able to coach them up. I would love McElroy in the 5th or 6th round as the backup option.
Regarding New England... They have stockpiled picks and have the ammo and leverage to control their draft board. They trade players nearing the end, but while they still have trade value... A page right out of the BW playbook. Brilliant!
Houston can be had in the 2nd more then likely.
So I would much rather keep our picks and Fairley and Houston

Or with your trade, get
Jake Locker
Jimmy Smith
Then Houston in the second
Share 49ersWebzone