3rd De Marcus Murray RB Oklahoma
4th Stephen Schilling OG Mich
5th Greg Mc Elroy QB Ala
6th Owen Marecic FB Stanford
7a Chykie Brown CB Tex
7b Ryan Wallen WR Stanford
7c TJ Yates QB NCS
7d Chris Nield NT WV

This looks like a re-draft of Tim Ratty and maybe Gio Carmazzi.
Originally posted by queretano:
Trade 7th and 1st 4th and 6th to Patriots for 17th and 28th

1a JJ Watt Wis/ Cameron Jordan Cal DE
1b Justin Houston OLB Georgia
2nd Curtis Brown Tex / Ras I Dawling Vir CB
5th Greg Mc Elroy QB Ala
7a Chykie Brown CB Tex
7c TJ Yates QB NCS
7d Chris Nield NT WV

I don't like it. No QB worth a damn and don't need a RB that early.

5th Greg Mc Elroy QB Ala
7a Chykie Brown CB Tex
7c TJ Yates QB NCS
7d Chris Nield NT WV

Solid draft, but nothing to be excited about.
we trade the 7th overall and a future 1st which should be earlier than 17 and def. will be earlier than 28 and we are adding a 4th and 6th on top of it......NO THANKS
If we are trading down with anyone, it is to draft Ponder.

JJ Watt is going to be a good player, but we have Justin Smith. We need a rush OLB before another 5 technique guy.

Justin Houston is regarded as more of a DE in a 4-3 than a 3-4 OLB. He is 270 lbs and is considered more a tweener.

I would use #17 to take either Jimmy Smith or Brandon Harris, then at #28 take Ponder.

Just my 2 cents.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
we trade the 7th overall and a future 1st which should be earlier than 17 and def. will be earlier than 28 and we are adding a 4th and 6th on top of it......NO THANKS

No he's saying 17 and 28 for 7, a 4th and a 6th rounder.

New England doesn't play like that so we can pretty much throw this mock in the garbage.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

New England doesn't play like that so we can pretty much throw this mock in the garbage.

Just like any other mock, right? mocks are only exercises about posibilities that could be, IMO the Pats could trade those picks if someone like Peterson or AJ Green is on board
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
If we are trading down with anyone, it is to draft Ponder.

JJ Watt is going to be a good player, but we have Justin Smith. We need a rush OLB before another 5 technique guy.

Justin Houston is regarded as more of a DE in a 4-3 than a 3-4 OLB. He is 270 lbs and is considered more a tweener.

I would use #17 to take either Jimmy Smith or Brandon Harris, then at #28 take Ponder.

Just my 2 cents.

Houston played OLB at Georgia and even with the bulk up he did a good job in the combine.

I like Harris a lot but 17th seems kind of high IMO, about Ponder someone is going to jump on him before 28th IMO but that would be great

I think the trade with NE is interesting, even if it's probably not something NE would elect to do.

But I if we do that I hope we take a QB in the first, instead of a DE, which we don't really need.

But that same draft with Locker instead of Watt would look pretty good to me.

Just like any other mock, right? mocks are only exercises about posibilities that could be, IMO the Pats could trade those picks if someone like Peterson or AJ Green is on board

Everyone knows how the Patriots roll. They add picks for the following draft. They're not trading up for Green or Peterson and they have no need for Peterson either.

I get that you want your mock to be as flashy as possible we all want to look smart and hit every need. Unfortunately it's just not reallistic. Home run trades rarely happen and never happen at the expense of the Pats. You might as well mock Peterson falling to us in the 2nd becuase that's just about as reallistic as that trade that you're suggesting.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 27, 2011 at 19:46:59 ]

Everyone knows how the Patriots roll. They add picks for the following draft. They're not trading up for Green or Peterson and they have no need for Peterson either.

I get that you want your mock to be as flashy as possible we all want to look smart and hit every need. Unfortunately it's just not reallistic. Home run trades rarely happen and never happen at the expense of the Pats. You might as well mock Peterson falling to us in the 2nd becuase that's just about as reallistic as that trade that you're suggesting.

they may usually do that but for green they will definitally trade up they dont have a #1 wr if hes there at 7 i can see patriots try to get him
Originally posted by miked1978:

5th Greg Mc Elroy QB Ala
7a Chykie Brown CB Tex
7c TJ Yates QB NCS
7d Chris Nield NT WV

I don't like it. No QB worth a damn and don't need a RB that early.

Yeah, I'm not excited about the QB's. Actually I wouldn't mind McElroy, but only if we take Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, or Stanzi first. They all have more upside and starting potential. Under that senario we then could take McElroy as a career back up in the Shun Hill mode.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

5th Greg Mc Elroy QB Ala
7a Chykie Brown CB Tex
7c TJ Yates QB NCS
7d Chris Nield NT WV

This looks like a re-draft of Tim Ratty and maybe Gio Carmazzi.

Tom Brady was in that draft...

[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Mar 27, 2011 at 20:41:41 ]
Share 49ersWebzone