LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 130 users in the forums

OLLIE OLS LATEST MOCK: Julio Jones

• 9moon
  • Veteran
CAROLINA - Cam Newton, QB - Auburn (The Panthers suddenly believed that their LUCK is this year instead of next)

DENVER - AJ Green, WR - Georgia (Tebow isn't Elway and it means that talent must surround him in order to have success)

BUFFALO - Jake Locker, QB - Washington (There's no other QB in this draft that remind the Bills of Jim Kelly's toughness and moxiness)

CINCY - Blaine Gabbert, QB - Mizzu (Palmer or no Palmer, the Bengals must think ahead for the future)

ARIZONA - Von Miller, OLB - Texas A&M (Wisenhunt is jumping for joy after landing the #1 player on their board)

CLEVELAND - Patrick Peterson, CB - LSU (The Big Show is bringing back the Dixon-Minniefield at the Dawg Pound)

SAN FRANCISCO - Julio Jones, WR - Alabama (the 49ers will no longer wait for another WR to step up as the WCO is back)

TENNESSEE - DaQuan Bowers, DE - Clemson (Munchack saw Bruce Smith all over again after attending his Pro Day)

DALLAS - Prince Amukamara, CB - Nebraska (The NFC East exposed how the Cowboys' Newton had gotten old overnight)

WASHINGTON - Nick Fairley, DT - Auburn (Both Snyder and Shanahan are surprised that this kid still on the board)

HOUSTON - Robert Quinn, OLB - UNC (Kubiak and Wade Phillips land who they called "the perfect OLB" for their 3-4 scheme)

MINNESOTA - Marcell Dareus, DT - Alabama (The Vikings DL was their weaklink last year and not the secondary)

DETROIT - Anthony Castonzo, OT - Boston College (More protection for Matthews if Detroit is to contend in the Central)

ST LOUIS - Brandon Harris, CB - Miami (The Rams patch up defense must be fixed before they can truly contend)

MIAMI - Benjamin Ijalana, OT - Villanova (Beef, beef, and more beef in front if the Dolphins are to slow down the Pats and Jets attack)

JACKSONVILLE - Cameron Jordan, DE - CAL (The search for a real pass rusher continues)

NEW ENGLAND - Aldon Smith, DE - Mizzu (Bill just can't stay away from those pretty DL)

SAN DIEGO - JJ Watt, DE - Wisconsin (Last year's #1 defense adds a motor that runs 110% for 48 minutes)

NY GIANTS - Mark Ingram Jr, RB - Alabama (Eli and the Giants finally found a back that they can call true)

TAMPA BAY - Jimmy Smith, CB - Colorado (Ronde Barber can't hang on the corner forever)

KANSAS CITY - Brooks Reed, OLB - Arizona (Another non-stop pass rushing LB is needed in order to complete the attacking style D of KC)

INDIANAPOLIS - Gabe Carimi, OT - Wisconsin (Protection is the name of the game if Indy wants Peyton to stay in his prime)

PHILADELPHIA - Ryan Kerrigan, DE - Purdue (Another bona fide player lands on the Eagles nest as they sit and watch)

NEW ORLEANS - Adrian Clayborn, DE - Iowa (The Saints went marching out early in the playoffs due to the plays of their DL)

SEATTLE - Justin Houston, DE - Georgia (Pete Carroll loves those heavy and athletic DL who can play different kind of positions)

BALTIMORE - Tyron Smith, OT - USC (Ozzie stays true to his ways as he lands the best player available in the draft)

ATLANTA - Kyle Rudolph, TE - Notre Dame (Tony Gonzales career is coming to an end and Kyle could be the NEXT great TE)

NEW ENGLAND - Nate Solder, OT - Colorado (Not even Bilichick can hide the weakness of the Patriots explosive offense)

CHICAGO - Muhammed Wilkerson, DT - Temple (The Bears are building a giant Packer trap)

NY JETS - Phil Taylor, DT - Baylor (With Jenkins gone, it's time to inflict a younger breed of of player in their DL)

PITTSBURGH - Mike Pouncey, OG - Florida (The twin brother of last year's first rounder is coming to town)

MINN (GB) - Christian Ponder, QB - FSU (The Vikings doesnt like the fact that the 49ers have their eyes on Ponder)
How many Nova games you watch to justify Ijalana going top 15???
How the hell do we pass up Fairly for Jones? I can see Green but Jones
Creative

Realistic

How I would feel if we drafted Jones
Oh my, this guy is all over the place
wow Locker that high?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
While I don't think Jones is bad, he's a workout guy who wow's in off field exercises.
He struggles with consistenncy in the passing game.
If Green was there I'd think about it depending on who was and wasnt there.

[ Edited by Sjceruti on Mar 25, 2011 at 16:20:52 ]
Shoot me now....

No, but seriously, another top 10 WR? Instead of Prince or Quinn?

Nope, don't want.

Good effort though...
Can u say trade down!!! Horrible mock

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Who is Ollie Ols? Because he sucks at mocks.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Easy, Fairly does not fit as a 3-4 DL. I'm not saying we go get Jones, but to me he make a lot more sense than Fairly.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Easy, Fairly does not fit as a 3-4 DL. I'm not saying we go get Jones, but to me he make a lot more sense than Fairly.

And it doesn't give him to the rams with bradford. Ok im down now we got to find a qb to make use of all this talent!!! Or a passrusher to get the defense fixed finally! And some youth in the secondary, and how about we get a new nose tackle! Actually, i doubt we take Jones, we have to many other needs. but dam a slot wr would be nice but we only run two tight end!
  • cgida
  • Veteran
If this was on paper, I would not wipe my ___ with it!!!
Selecting Juio at 7 would be a terrible nightmare.
Share 49ersWebzone