LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 120 users in the forums

Why not?

Why not just draft 2 rookie corners i think this a good idea i dont think Spencer is even that good and he is getting pretty old we need a young fresh quick defence even if hes not that good his athletism makes up for it. i would mind peterson is the the first and like maybe davon house in the 3 or maybe ras i dowling they could be a great steal.

Thoughts? and who else is a good corner that might be avalible ?
we need a CB then a passrusher, then a QB.

NO EXCUSES
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we need a CB then a passrusher, then a QB.

NO EXCUSES

Same positions, in reverse order

But QB, OLB, and CB - NO EXCUSES
With the likelihood of getting a 7th round compensatory pick, we very well may use two picks on a corner, one early and one later.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
With the likelihood of getting a 7th round compensatory pick, we very well may use two picks on a corner, one early and one later.

I'd be shocked if we don't draft two CB's, maybe by the end of the 4th round. To me, it is almost a given.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I'd be shocked if we don't draft two CB's, maybe by the end of the 4th round. To me, it is almost a given.

I'm hopeful we can pull out another Philip Adams. Kid looked so promising and I'm hoping he can recover from his injury with no lingering effects.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I personally think that this is the year we draft a set of CBs that will be at our corner for the next 5 to 8 years..

If we can land Peterson, then i expect the bottom to list to happen:

1) Patrick Peterson, CB - LSU
2) Collin Kaepernick, QB - Nevada (trade down for another 3rd)
3) Rahim Moore, FS - UCLA
3) Owen Marecic, FB - Stanford
4) DeAndre Brown, WR - So Miss
4) Byron Maxwell, CB - CLEMSON
5) Thomas Keiser, OLB - Stanford
6) Greg Romeus, DT - PITT
6) Ryan Winterswyk, DE, Boise State
7) Derek Hall, OT - Stanford
7) Mitch Mustain, QB - USC
Originally posted by 9moon:
I personally think that this is the year we draft a set of CBs that will be at our corner for the next 5 to 8 years..

Couldnt we wait on Owen Marecic?.... and go for a more pressing need (OLB) in the 3rd round...

I'm hopeful we can pull out another Philip Adams. Kid looked so promising and I'm hoping he can recover from his injury with no lingering effects.

That's the rub. I really liked him and thought he, Kyle Williams, and Nate Byham were very solid late round selections. But ACLs are no joke.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Couldnt we wait on Owen Marecic?.... and go for a more pressing need (OLB) in the 3rd round...

And Rahim Moore's value is inflated due to a overall weak safety class. He's more of a second rounder.

We all know who the top CB prospects are. Who's your value/sleeper pick in third or fourth round? Has Buster Skrine moved up this far with his Combine performance?
I believe the Dolphins did it a few years ago with Vontae Davis and Sean Smith.
Vontae's a stud and Smith is alright.

Seemed to work out.

However I don't think he can really afford to do that unless we take Peterson at 7 and someone like Jimmy Smith falls to the second.

It may be realistic to think we take Peterson at 7, then another corner in the 3rd or 4th depending on who's there.

I don't think we take Prince at 7 unless we trade back.
I wish New England would trade up with their 2 first rounders for our 1st., we could probably still get a quality CB and OLB/DE..Then get a QB in the 2nd.

Yeah Adams did look very good. My sleeper pick is Kendrick burney in the 4th. Dude has crazy ball skills the only thing is his height but he should be our pick with one 4th rounders.
Share 49ersWebzone