LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

3rd round

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I wouldn't rule an OL out of the question in the first three rounds, and a HUGE possibility by the fourth.

Has everyone forgotten how horribly inconsistent Rachal has been? Has everyone forgotten the snap into the back of the end zone by Baas? Has everyone forgotten that Eric Heitmann now has on his resume broken legs on each side AND a neck injury?

Ideally, I would only want to keep the following on the team: Staley, Boone, Anthony Davis, Wragge, Snyder, Baas. We can easily upgrade over Rachal at least.

Cuts/FA Losses: Barry Sims (FA), Rachal (cut or at least benched), Heitmann (cut or at least benched)

You forgot Iupati

I hope we don't lose our third as MadDog predicts...I look at this draft and see so much in the first 3 rounds that I'm on the trade down bandwagon (obv. assuming we find a partner).

I'm also not averse to picking up two corners in the first 3 rounds either. IIRC (and I usually don't) Philly did something like this back when they got Sheldon Brown and Lito Shepard - worked out pretty well for them.

[ Edited by Lobo49er on Mar 25, 2011 at 13:59:02 ]
I want OLB/CB in the 1st and 2nd and then Stanzi in the 3rd.
Greg Salas WR Hawaii.

Stan Havili FB USC

or Kealoha Pilares WR Hawaii

anyone will do.
I wouldn't rule an OL out of the question in the first three rounds, and a HUGE possibility by the fourth.

Has everyone forgotten how horribly inconsistent Rachal has been? Has everyone forgotten the snap into the back of the end zone by Baas? Has everyone forgotten that Eric Heitmann now has on his resume broken legs on each side AND a neck injury?

Ideally, I would only want to keep the following on the team: Staley, Boone, Anthony Davis, Wragge, Snyder, Baas. We can easily upgrade over Rachal at least.

Cuts/FA Losses: Barry Sims (FA), Rachal (cut or at least benched), Heitmann (cut or at least benched)

I'm guessing you'd keep Iupati on the team... right?
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:

I'm guessing you'd keep Iupati on the team... right?

Whoops! Typed up my little commentary there pretty quickly, and forgot to include Iupati. Obviously we're keeping him.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 25, 2011 at 15:09:17 ]

Ideally, I would only want to keep the following on the team: Staley, Boone, Anthony Davis, Wragge, Snyder, Baas, Iupati. We can easily upgrade over Rachal at least.

Orlando Franklin out of Miami could be a big possibility in the 3rd round to play guard since I don't think he'll be too affective as a tackle in the NFL.

If we wanted to wait later in the draft, Carl Johnson out of Florida can move for a big man and will probably still be there in the 5th/6th round range. Or we can go Jake Kirkpatrick from TCU with one of our 4th round picks.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Greg Salas WR Hawaii.

Stan Havili FB USC

anyone will do.

Do you really think those guys will go that high?

Bess was amazing at Hawaii and he went pretty late. FBs don't usually go that high.

I like those players also, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go in the 5th.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Greg Salas WR Hawaii.

Stan Havili FB USC

anyone will do.

Do you really think those guys will go that high?

Bess was amazing at Hawaii and he went pretty late. FBs don't usually go that high.

Yea your probably right....but its good to dream.
I like those players also, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them go in the 5th.
To my fellow 808 braddah, Salas is better than Bess, as he is stronger and bigger. At best though-late forth. Pilares-has a history of nagging injuries-not major ones. I see him at 6 because of it.
Originally posted by WildBill:
To my fellow 808 braddah, Salas is better than Bess, as he is stronger and bigger. At best though-late forth. Pilares-has a history of nagging injuries-not major ones. I see him at 6 because of it.

I'm kinda hoping we can get Salas in the 5th.

MadDog, I concur on your assessment of Dalton. He should be the pick. The CB will be resolved in FA (Clements will be gone), they will sign Asomghua (sp) at whatever it takes which may very well be similar in cost to a 7 pick. I see them trading back into the late 1st round with NE (28th and 33rd ) we use it on Dalton (NE they can draft Quinn) and with luck we can draft Reed at 33. I think we have plenty of options at need position at 75. The biggest need IMO is WR as we need some speed, Crabtree and Morgan don't cut it as a tandem.

Ideally, I would only want to keep the following on the team: Staley, Boone, Anthony Davis, Wragge, Snyder, Baas, Iupati. We can easily upgrade over Rachal at least.

Agreed. An interior lineman is a big need this offseason. With Heitmann's uncertain health, and Baas having two concussions last year (plus his upcoming free agency) this team needs at least one young body in the middle. Probably a mid-rounder.
Originally posted by fortyyearniner:
MadDog, I concur on your assessment of Dalton. He should be the pick. The CB will be resolved in FA (Clements will be gone), they will sign Asomghua (sp) at whatever it takes which may very well be similar in cost to a 7 pick. I see them trading back into the late 1st round with NE (28th and 33rd ) we use it on Dalton (NE they can draft Quinn) and with luck we can draft Reed at 33. I think we have plenty of options at need position at 75. The biggest need IMO is WR as we need some speed, Crabtree and Morgan don't cut it as a tandem.

We'll see what the plan is for Ginn this year. Will he fit into Harbaugh's offense. We know he's got the wheels, but those hands are so inconsistent.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
Baas is the future in the middle of our OL.. so what if he made that one mistake? Just look at how well he played for the rest of the year..

Baas is a free agent. It is a little hard to envision him as our future in the middle until he signs with us.

That said, I do hope that he signs with us.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by WildBill:

I'm kinda hoping we can get Salas in the 5th.

Me too, but right now Mayock has Salas as a 4th round pick, so its pretty possible that we can get him in the 4th-7th round range. Mayock also has Salas as one of his steals of the draft. I hope Harbaugh likes Salas too, hes pretty similar to Harbaugh's Ryan Whalen, only I think Salas is better after the catch.
Share 49ersWebzone