LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

2011 Draft Party?

• DJD
  • Veteran
Anyone out there have any info on if there is even going to be one? And if so when the tickets my become available?

With the lockout and it being a thursday night I can't help but wonder if they are even going to bother.

cheers
Originally posted by DJD:
Anyone out there have any info on if there is even going to be one? And if so when the tickets my become available?

With the lockout and it being a thursday night I can't help but wonder if they are even going to bother.

cheers

I heard that there will indeed by a draft party again in Santa Clara. I went the last two years but I'm gonna pass at least for this year. The party could be so much bigger and the venue is so small. The niners should look at changing locations. If any of you guys have been to it recently you'll know what I'm talking about. Great place for autographs though.
any updates for online registration? coulda swore the team site said monday apr4 opens to public..
Originally posted by craigyboy:
any updates for online registration? coulda swore the team site said monday apr4 opens to public..

It's open on 49ers.com right now. It's $2.00 per adult, children are free. All proceeds apparently going to Japan.
Originally posted by D-Money:
Originally posted by DJD:

cheers

I heard that there will indeed by a draft party again in Santa Clara. I went the last two years but I'm gonna pass at least for this year. The party could be so much bigger and the venue is so small. The niners should look at changing locations. If any of you guys have been to it recently you'll know what I'm talking about. Great place for autographs though.

A couple years ago they couldn't book the Convention Center and held it at their facility instead.. That was pretty cool. Not too crowded, although there were a lot of people there. Maybe they should just have it there. It was a little warm, though.
I'm in WI so I've never been to one but judging by the videos every year the place is packed. Wonder why teams don't have draft parties at the stadiums? People could come and go as they pleased. Just sell ticket to the part closet to the biggest screen every team has and open a few concession stands. Would be cool but I guess it would be a lot of hassle.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by craigyboy:

It's open on 49ers.com right now. It's $2.00 per adult, children are free. All proceeds apparently going to Japan.

Thanks Rider
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'm in WI so I've never been to one but judging by the videos every year the place is packed. Wonder why teams don't have draft parties at the stadiums? People could come and go as they pleased. Just sell ticket to the part closet to the biggest screen every team has and open a few concession stands. Would be cool but I guess it would be a lot of hassle.

I think they like having at the convention center or team hq's so they can be close to the war room. Jed, GM and or the HC will typically come and speek after the pick. The stick is just too far away.
Got forced to take some personal holiday leave and guess which days I ended up with? For anyone who went in years past do they sell food/drinks or should I gorge myself before I show up? I already know I'm gonna have a mean case of the munchies.
...in my pants.

Share 49ersWebzone