LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Updated Mock Draft + First Player Rankings

2011 NFL Mock Draft + Player Rankings
Why so high on Robert Quinn? What makes him the number one player in the draft IYO?
Gonna be honest, I closed the screen once I saw Quinn was your number one rated player. The guy is good but hasn't played in over a year. I can see him being a beast but there's no way he is rated #1. To each his own i guess.......
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
Gonna be honest, I closed the screen once I saw Quinn was your number one rated player. The guy is good but hasn't played in over a year. I can see him being a beast but there's no way he is rated #1. To each his own i guess.......

So in a year somehow he lost his genetic gifts? The guy is a great pass rusher, has size and speed. He's smart and if anything missing the year is the only reason we could still have a chance at him.

He may not be the guy who contributes at a top level instantly but with a little time I can see him being a Demarcus Ware type of player.

I wouldn't put him as the #1 player in the draft right now but he's the #1 guy I want for the 49ers.
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
Why so high on Robert Quinn? What makes him the number one player in the draft IYO?

I will do in-depth player profiles in the next few week so I will be more detailed but in short, he is just as good of a pure pass rusher and Defensive End that I have ever seen. I watched this guy dominate Anthony Castonzo and everyone else as a Sophomore. He reminds me of a combination between Bruce Smith and Chris Doleman but more athletic.

Well, I saw all I needed to see with him as a Sophomore. It is scary to think what he would have done as a JR. He is my #1 rated player, just my opinion. I am not saying he will go #1 overall.
Originally posted by genus49:

So in a year somehow he lost his genetic gifts? The guy is a great pass rusher, has size and speed. He's smart and if anything missing the year is the only reason we could still have a chance at him.

He may not be the guy who contributes at a top level instantly but with a little time I can see him being a Demarcus Ware type of player.

I wouldn't put him as the #1 player in the draft right now but he's the #1 guy I want for the 49ers.

You got me all wrong bro, i'm not saying he lost his genetic gifts, i'm not saying he isn't a gifted pass rusher. Go look at my post I want Quinn over Von Miller. What i'm saying is I just don't believe you can put a player who has missed an entire year of football #1 on the draft board, placing him ahead of players who played at a high level for multiple years. PP has been a stud for LSU not just this year but last year also.

Jira I look forward to your breakdown when it comes.....and yes I realize that just because you have him #1 doesn't mean that he is going to go #1 overall. We just have a difference in opinion.

You got me all wrong bro, i'm not saying he lost his genetic gifts, i'm not saying he isn't a gifted pass rusher. Go look at my post I want Quinn over Von Miller. What i'm saying is I just don't believe you can put a player who has missed an entire year of football #1 on the draft board, placing him ahead of players who played at a high level for multiple years. PP has been a stud for LSU not just this year but last year also.

Jira I look forward to your breakdown when it comes.....and yes I realize that just because you have him #1 doesn't mean that he is going to go #1 overall. We just have a difference in opinion.

Why not though? It's not like one year suspension killed what made him a great player when he was a sophomore.

How is that really any different than grading 1 year wonders high? It happens all the time. A guy comes in and has a great year after not doing much the years prior and suddenly he's drafted early.

If anything this is safer since you have more potential. If he could do what he did as a sophomore, how much better will he be after more experience, NFL level coaching and better talent around him?

I think a lot of people think back to the last guy who sat out the year and use him as an example - Mike Williams. But Quinn has kept himself in shape and has a much better outlook on things. Sure there are risks with him but I think the biggest issues with him are inexperience and sometimes he's a bit inconsistent.

Experience will come and in the NFL with vets like Willis, Spikes, Justin Smith around him he'll want to go 100% all the time.

I'm still not sure he'll be available but I hope teams sleep on him and he's there at #7 and the niners should jump all over him.

Why not though? It's not like one year suspension killed what made him a great player when he was a sophomore.

How is that really any different than grading 1 year wonders high? It happens all the time. A guy comes in and has a great year after not doing much the years prior and suddenly he's drafted early.

If anything this is safer since you have more potential. If he could do what he did as a sophomore, how much better will he be after more experience, NFL level coaching and better talent around him?

I think a lot of people think back to the last guy who sat out the year and use him as an example - Mike Williams. But Quinn has kept himself in shape and has a much better outlook on things. Sure there are risks with him but I think the biggest issues with him are inexperience and sometimes he's a bit inconsistent.

Experience will come and in the NFL with vets like Willis, Spikes, Justin Smith around him he'll want to go 100% all the time.

I'm still not sure he'll be available but I hope teams sleep on him and he's there at #7 and the niners should jump all over him.

IMO if I have to rank him I give the one year wonders who played this year the edge. Quinn is a one year wonder who then had a one year break, not good if you ask me. So let me ask you this if PP and Quinn are there at 7 who would you take? Just for reference my top 10 big board would be:

1. P Peterson
2. M Dareus
3. A Green
4. N Fairley
5. V Miller
6. R Quinn
7. D Bowers
8. J Jones
9. P Amukamara
10. C Jordan

Yes I do have Miller rated ahead of Quinn based on pure skill, however I think Quinn would be better in our 3-4 where he is stronger at the point of attack and sets the edge a little better.

IMO if I have to rank him I give the one year wonders who played this year the edge. Quinn is a one year wonder who then had a one year break, not good if you ask me. So let me ask you this if PP and Quinn are there at 7 who would you take? Just for reference my top 10 big board would be:

1. P Peterson
2. M Dareus
3. A Green
4. N Fairley
5. V Miller
6. R Quinn
7. D Bowers
8. J Jones
9. P Amukamara
10. C Jordan

Yes I do have Miller rated ahead of Quinn based on pure skill, however I think Quinn would be better in our 3-4 where he is stronger at the point of attack and sets the edge a little better.

The problem with a lot of one year wonders is some guys only play hard when they're awaiting contracts or in this case trying to get drafted early.

Quinn played well fully expecting to play again next year.

Either way it doesn't matter. Everyone sees these guys in differnt light.

Share 49ersWebzone