There are 192 users in the forums

Solidg2000/wildturkey 2011 quick draft

• Paul
  • Veteran
i like the late round selection of Devlin, what I've heard & read on him sounds pretty good (with some saying he could be a starter). Our first rounder I cant see us taking anything other than a QB/CB though
Like some of the latter picks.
Originally posted by Paul:
i like the late round selection of Devlin, what I've heard & read on him sounds pretty good (with some saying he could be a starter). Our first rounder I cant see us taking anything other than a QB/CB though

Rush OLB would fill a need as well.
I'm going to say this as nice and with as much respect as possible, but this is what I think of your draft.
With more pressure our CBs don't need to cover as long and the unit will improve drastically!!
That's why I concentrated on pressure over coverage in the first 3 rounds.

As for QBs, outside of Newton, they're nothing special! None stand out to me, I'd rather take Devlin late (who if he was having a better offseason would jump way up) and pick up Jerrod Johnson as a UDFA and sign Alex Smith or trade for a solid vet
Originally posted by solidg2000:
1) Nick Fairley DT/DE Auburn 6'4 290
-Simply put, he's a beast! If Stanford had this guy, they would of beat Oregon too.

2) Justin Houston OLB Georgia 6'3 270
- Can we get some pass rush finally!

3) Kenrick Ellis NT Hampton 6'5 345
- big boy racked up 145 tackles 30 TFL and 3.5 sacks. Quick for a huge man

4) Curtis Marsh CB Utah State 6'1 197
-Lanky, fast (4.42 40 yard dash), and raw (played running back first, only 2 years at CB) his best football is in front of him

4) Buster Skrine CB Chattanooga 5'10 185
-Speed DB (4.37) who was a team leader and 2 time all conference

5) Pat Devlin QB Delaware 6'3 225
-Career continues to mirror that of Flacco. Flacco drafter by Harbaugh, now Devlin is drafted by Harbaugh

6) Owen Marecic FB Stanford 6'1 248
- While he probably deserves better, FBs don't get drafted before the 5 if at all.

6) Da' Rel Scott RB Maryland 5'11 211
- Fast and explosive change of pace back

7) Weslye Saunders TE South Carolina 6'5 270
- Harbaugh likes big TEs

7) Andre Holmes WR Hillside 6'4 210
- quick and a big target. Dominated his competition so now it's time to shine on stage

Hey I can go with this mock! Good job!!!!!!!!!!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
1st corner in the 4th... not gonna work
  • fan49
  • Veteran
With more pressure our CBs don't need to cover as long and the unit will improve drastically!!

As for QBs, outside of Newton, they're nothing special! None stand out to me, I'd rather take Devlin late (who if he was having a better offseason would jump way up) and pick up Jerrod Johnson as a UDFA and sign Alex Smith or trade for a solid vet

reverse that... without corners the pass rush wont have enough time to get to the qb.... plus our pass rush was better than our secondary... fact. so we need a corner ealier definetely
Originally posted by fan49:

reverse that... without corners the pass rush wont have enough time to get to the qb.... plus our pass rush was better than our secondary... fact. so we need a corner ealier definetely

Ok... Can you find me a top 10 defense without a top passrush?
Now can you find me a top 10 defense without a top CB?
I think Fairley would be a nice fit as a 3-4 DE. He can handle double-teams well and could apply pass-rush to the QB.

Share 49ersWebzone