LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Who do you take in this likely rd. 1 scenario?

Who do you take in this likely rd. 1 scenario?

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Prince def, Newton sucks and Quinn is a douche

on what grounds are you basing his "doucheness" off of?
Robert Quinn should be the selection but I wouldn't be mad if we selected Prince.

And for people saying Quinn is a "douche", how in the world did you come up with that conclusion?
If this was the situation, I would be disappointed. But all three of the these players will help the franchise so its not all bad.

But drafting someone other than Peterson, Miller, Gabbert, Quinn, or Dareus with #7 would be disappointing for me.
Unless we pick Newton in the 3rd round, I'm going to freak out if we pick him

• 9moon
  • Veteran
If CAM is there, i'm 110% sure that he'll be a 49er.. even if Miller or Quinn still available.. heck, i have a feeling that both Harbaugh and Baalke would choose Cam over Peterson..
My answer is Quinn in any scenario if he's there.

People are sleeping on him on this board because he didn't play this year so the youtube highlights aren't as long.
Take offers for Newton, but only give up the pick if someone puts together a blockbuster deal in exchange. If the Niners use the pick, Quinn would be my choice over Prince. Need to address the pass rush early.
i said Quinn but i wouldnt complain with Prince or even Newton to a lesser extent because i think he could be a beast under harbaughs wing
Originally posted by 9moon:
If CAM is there, i'm 110% sure that he'll be a 49er.. even if Miller or Quinn still available.. heck, i have a feeling that both Harbaugh and Baalke would choose Cam over Peterson..

No way will they not pick Miller if he's there.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Cam Newton, but I just have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about him being a bust. He is an immense talent, but won't be good for a while. I trust Harbaugh with a good, young QB, though.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Harbaugh was a QB..

he believes in the fact that IF ONE IS TO GAMBLE ON SUCH IMMENSE TALENT, THEN GAMBLE IT ON A QB..

QBs, they get chances after chances.. unlike any other position in the NFL, well, aside them kickers and punters.. Just go ask the "cant miss" Golsthon .. did his freakish athletic ability helped him with the Jets??

but look at Vince Young, David Carr, Todd Collins, Trent Dilfer.. even Kerry Collins and Vinny Testaverde played a long while in the NFL..

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Looking down the draft, it appears there will be CBs and QBs in the second and third rounds when the 9ers pick. So, Quinn is the pick because he has the most impact potential, least bust potential of the group. CB would be my second choice because I think Newton is no better than the second round QBs and Harbaugh can turn a good college QB he believes in into a good NFL QB.

But, if Harbaugh really likes Newton all bets are off and he takes him because he believes he can be a franchise QB.

I don't think i could have said it better. There is depth in the other positions.
I would be ok with any of them though. i think they all have a tremendous upside with proper coaching.

[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Mar 24, 2011 at 01:57:22 ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

You like the Saints?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'd first see if a team wanted to trade up for Cam, and I'd trade back if there was a good deal to be had...if there were no takers or sweet deals, I'd go ahead and draft Newton.
Share 49ersWebzone