LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd could declare for supplemental draft

what determines the draft order in the supplemental draft?
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

Same draft order as it is now.
He's a first round talent with the rare ability to make an imediate impact in the NFL. I think he'll be compared very similarly to Dez Bryant. Both are/were top 15 talents that hurt their stock with character concerns.

I doubt a team will drop a first on him, but I'd imagine teams will be lining up to throw a second at him.
Decision on Michael Floyd could come soon - PFT
That would make things very interesting, and I'd be curious to see which teams would be the trigger. New England seems like it'd be a strong possibility, pending what they do this year.
Michael Floyd to play college football in 2011 - PFT
But not so fast...

Notre Dame's Michael Floyd suspended indefinitely - National Football Post
Michael Floyd of Notre Dame Fighting Irish 'grateful' for panel's ruling - ESPN
[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

Same draft order as it is now.

I thought the draft order for the Supplemental was generated randomly?

Quote:
The league uses a weighted three-step, semi-lottery system to determine the order of the supplemental draft as follows:

* Teams with six wins or less participate in the first lottery for the top supplemental draft picks. The team that posted the worst record among that group is given a weighted advantage over the following team, with each team's "weight" being decreased on down the line until reaching the team with the best record in the group.

* The second group consists of non-playoff teams and follows the same weighted system.

* The third group consists of last season's 12 playoff teams and, again, follows the same lottery system.

[url=null]null[/url] Link
Share 49ersWebzone