LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

RealGM latest mock draft

LINK
If we got Peterson in the first and landed Locker in the 2nd, I would be ecstatic. There would not be any pressure for Locker to play right away, which would give Harbaugh the opportunity to mold him. If that is the case, expect Alex Smith to get signed to another short-term deal on the cheap.
I don't see Bowers lasting til 11 and am skeptical of Newton at 3, but for the first 15 I looked at pretty reasonable.
Interesting that they have Mallet going that high, and Ponder and Kaep before Locker.

But yeah, if we came away with Peterson and Locker, without giving up any picks in a trade, you'd have to view that as a huge success. I know Locker has been scrutinized a lot recently. But I watched him flat out own opposing Ds as a freshman. So I think he has the talent to be great NFL QB. If we can get him that late then we minimize the risk but could still potentially reap the reward.

Follow that up with Acho, Vereen, Fua, Marecic and Salas and I'm one happy camper!

[ Edited by TheFunkyChicken on Mar 21, 2011 at 15:40:47 ]
This would be a great draft scenario, especially without needing to move back into the first round for Locker.

Add Mathias Kiwanuka and/or the best OLB prospect with our 3rd rounder and BOOM!
Share 49ersWebzone