LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

DraftCountdown.com Mock Draft (3/21)

Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by jta854:
That will be the worst case scenario, IMO.

Agreed. I also think Robert Quinn is a much better option.

Yea, I like Amukamara, but there are at least 10 players better than him in the draft. If we get the 11th or 12th best player in the draft at 7th spot - I'll be disappoint.

I'll be fine with dropping down and taking him. 7th spot is way too high for him. I doubt he goes in top 10.

I do not understand this thought process at all. Amukamara is the best pure CB in this draft. PP is a STUD, but he's already almost too big to be a CB. Will be be able to keep up with a player like Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace. Quinn is very tempting. I personally like the bigger OLB's, and Quinn is a sexy name.

Compare Quinn to a second round OLB. Now compare Prince to a second round CB. I think there is a a strong argument that CB depth is weaker in this draft.

I believe the Niners can get a very effective edge rusher later in the draft. Look at a player like Travis Laboy. He was never household name, but when we was healthy, he put some pretty consistent pressure on the QB. Players like that can be found in the second round.

I'm pretty sure pp can stay with a mike Wallace or desean Jackson way better than prince can he will also be a better pro corner than prince. First of all he's faster and I don't see pp as just a safety he's gonna be great corner that can play safety. There is a drop off from PP to Prince.
If AJ Green is there do not pass on him he is the best or second best player in the draft and will rip up the league.A great route runner is what the WCO is all about for a receiver not to mention he catches everything and we could make crabtree our #2, pretty darn scary.
I actually think you got it backwards. The second round of olb's is not even close to Quinn. If Quinn played this year he would've been selected top three. The cb class this year is extremely deep and are a lot closer to Prince in terms overall talent than you may think.
Reguarding Laboy- I think we have enough situational pass rushers on our team we need a guy that has the ability to get to the qb every down not just 3rd. This has been the problem on defense for years now.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Would much rather have Fairley than what was chosen.
no no no.

i dont get why the browns should prefer bowers over green...

Because pass rushers are a premium position, WR's are not.
bowers=one-year wonder, green=sure-fire...furthermore, if i wanted a DE, i would go for quinn in the first place.

There is no such thing as sure fire in the NFL draft process. Bowers is arguably the best pass rusher in this class, arguably being the key word. It's possible he could be the top rated prospect on Cleveland's draft board.

I wouldn't say they would take Bowers over Green but it is a very conceivable idea if both would be their that they would take Bowers.

Isnt Cleveland still running a 3-4? In a 4-3 Bowers would be perfect. Not sure about a 3-4 though....
ryan is gone...the new guy will run a 4-3, iirc.

New guy is Dick Jauron, so it will be a Cover 2 defense.
I'd be happy with the Prince pick. He's just a notch below Peterson in terms of being the top corner in this draft.

As far as Martez Wilson being our 2nd round draft pick, I think that's pretty laughable. Prior to the combine, there was no talk of Wilson even being discussed as a 3rd round prospect. I don't think Baalke is going to want a workout warrior anyways. Andy Dalton or Colin Kaepernick will be the selection there.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Yea, I like Amukamara, but there are at least 10 players better than him in the draft. If we get the 11th or 12th best player in the draft at 7th spot - I'll be disappoint.

I'll be fine with dropping down and taking him. 7th spot is way too high for him. I doubt he goes in top 10.

He goes top ten. Bet on it.

I wouldn't bet on it, but I wouldn't bet against it. But, if I've to chose one side or other - I'll go with not in top 10. Why? Because, there are at least 10 better players than him in this draft class.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:

I do not understand this thought process at all. Amukamara is the best pure CB in this draft. PP is a STUD, but he's already almost too big to be a CB. Will be be able to keep up with a player like Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace. Quinn is very tempting. I personally like the bigger OLB's, and Quinn is a sexy name.

Compare Quinn to a second round OLB. Now compare Prince to a second round CB. I think there is a a strong argument that CB depth is weaker in this draft.

I believe the Niners can get a very effective edge rusher later in the draft. Look at a player like Travis Laboy. He was never household name, but when we was healthy, he put some pretty consistent pressure on the QB. Players like that can be found in the second round.

That stuff doesn't matter. You want to get the most value for your pick, and Prince Amukamara is not the 7th best player in the draft. Like I said before, I've no problem dropping down to 12 and then taking Prince, if he is there.

Who said we have to address the CB position in the draft? We can do it in FA.
Share 49ersWebzone