There are 245 users in the forums

No Peterson + no Miller =

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by backontop:
If they aren't available why not just draft Prince Amukamara?

I completely agree. Prince gets hated on to much for not being PP. But I think Prince is our best option.

Prince is the man. I don't understand the hate towards him.

You and me both. Prince is the definition of a true shutdown corner.

He was also ranked as the top overall pick going into the college season. But he had a bad game and OK St. and no one else ever tried to throw at him. Technique and fundamentally he is the best CB in the draft... but when people see a 6'2 corner run in the 4.3's and return kicks/Int's for TD's, jaws drop.

Obviously they need to back it up once they are in the NFL, but Prince/Peterson are like Revis/Cromartie on the Jets. One dominates by being fundamentally sound, and the other dominates through freak athleticism.
Originally posted by 5280High:

I completely agree. Prince gets hated on to much for not being PP. But I think Prince is our best option.

He was also ranked as the top overall pick going into the college season. But he had a bad game and OK St. and no one else ever tried to throw at him. Technique and fundamentally he is the best CB in the draft... but when people see a 6'2 corner run in the 4.3's and return kicks/Int's for TD's, jaws drop.

Obviously they need to back it up once they are in the NFL, but Prince/Peterson are like Revis/Cromartie on the Jets. One dominates by being fundamentally sound, and the other dominates through freak athleticism.

Not the best comparisions there.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Coming out of the draft they are pretty valid. I'm not taking into account maturity levels or lack of motivation that is now an issue with Cromartie. And Revis is the best in the game, I get it. But comparing rookies to vets is always a stupid but fun hypothetical and is there a better tandom of CB's that has one who relies more on pure athleticism and the other who is dominant fundamentally?

Coming out of the draft they are pretty valid. I'm not taking into account maturity levels or lack of motivation that is now an issue with Cromartie. And Revis is the best in the game, I get it. But comparing rookies to vets is always a stupid but fun hypothetical and is there a better tandom of CB's that has one who relies more on pure athleticism and the other who is dominant fundamentally?

Peterson and Cromartie share very little in common. Just because they're both fast doesn't make it a valid comparision. Cromartie is the biggest wimp in football. He's all speed and he gets beat often because he relies on that speed way too much. The same goes with his cousin Dominique Rodgers Cromartie.

Peterson and Cromartie share very little in common. Just because they're both fast doesn't make it a valid comparision. Cromartie is the biggest wimp in football. He's all speed and he gets beat often because he relies on that speed way too much. The same goes with his cousin Dominique Rodgers Cromartie.

Cromartie wasn't a total puss until he went up against WR's his same size. Who knows whats gonna happen when a WR like Andre Johnson goes up and punches Peterson in the face on press coverage. The comparison was more about athleticism vs technique, comparing two players against two similar styled players who are on the same team. Obviously Peterson is not Cromartie, he is being looked at for the #1, and alone there wouldn't be a comparison. Just sayin one CB in the draft is more polished and the other is more athletic, sheesh. Didn't wanna soften anyone's hardons for Peterson, my bad.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
I'd grab Quinn providing he checks out medically.

yep

Cromartie wasn't a total puss until he went up against WR's his same size. Who knows whats gonna happen when a WR like Andre Johnson goes up and punches Peterson in the face on press coverage. The comparison was more about athleticism vs technique, comparing two players against two similar styled players who are on the same team. Obviously Peterson is not Cromartie, he is being looked at for the #1, and alone there wouldn't be a comparison. Just sayin one CB in the draft is more polished and the other is more athletic, sheesh. Didn't wanna soften anyone's hardons for Peterson, my bad.

I don't have a hard on for Peterson I just think your comparision is a horrible comparision.

You capture Prince's ceiling then compare Peterson to someone who doesn't resemble him at all. I get it they're both athletic, that doesn't mean they're close to being similiar.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Mar 22, 2011 at 20:05:48 ]
Amukamara would be a great pick also guys, he is a baller
Share 49ersWebzone