Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Peterson
Miller
Newton
Fairley
Dareus
AJ Green
Robert Quinn

One of them will be available at 7, and I'll be fine with any of them.

If we take Cam Newton, we're f*cked.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Peterson
Miller
Newton
Fairley
Dareus
AJ Green
Robert Quinn

I don't think he's even on our radar. He's not a West coast QB and he just doesn't strike me as someone Harbaugh would pursue. If I'm not mistaken, we're one of the few teams teams drafting early that decided not to set up a private meeting with him.
Prince or cam jordan.
no peterson or no miller = sadface
then we take Quinn, Prince, or Gabbert

These are all useless articles, the top 5 guys in the draft all have articles about how they could justify being picked #1. No one knows, but we do know Denver isn't going CB, Arizona isnt going CB, Browns need WR help desperately. Denver is switching to a 4-3 btw, they have Dummerville at end so they may see Dareus or Fairley as more of a contributer than Miller to get a presence up the middle.

There are so many ways this draft could play out, but if a QB or DT is selected in the top three than we are in good shape since that will cause a run on that position. Unless we swap picks with Philly and give up a couple more for Kolb, we are drafting a passrusher or CB with our pick, unless Harbaugh got a hardon for Gabbert.
Only other person I would pick at #7 would be Gabbert, if none of those 3 guys are there, I would trade down as well.
Peterson
Miller
Newton
Fairley
Dareus
AJ Green
Robert Quinn

I can't even describe how angry I would be if we picked Cam Newton or Fairley. I'm not willing to spend the #7 pick on a complete bust quarterback or a 3-4 DE, the least impactful position on defense. I honestly don't think I'd take Newton in the second round.
If we can't get a steal like; Peterson, Miller, Dareus or Fairley @ #7 then we should trade down, but not too far.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
If we can't get a steal like; Peterson, Miller, Dareus or Fairley @ #7 then we should trade down, but not too far.

i would add prince there as well
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

i would add prince there as well

Agreed.

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Peterson
Miller
Newton
Fairley
Dareus
AJ Green
Robert Quinn

As if Alex Smith or David Carr would be any better? Newton would get us more wins than Alex and Carr combined, even as a rookie.
Thoughts? Can't think... too concerned with catching Blake fever! I don't know what the symptoms are but it sounds alot like Blaine fever and God knows I don't want any of that!

But yeah, trade down is logical. That's what I'd want.
If they aren't available why not just draft Prince Amukamara?
Originally posted by Draftology:
Peterson
Miller
Newton
Fairley
Dareus
AJ Green
Robert Quinn

I can't even describe how angry I would be if we picked Cam Newton or Fairley. I'm not willing to spend the #7 pick on a complete bust quarterback or a 3-4 DE, the least impactful position on defense. I honestly don't think I'd take Newton in the second round.

Does Justin smith need to beat you up! When you watch niner games who's the cowboy kicking 2 guys ass and still roping the qb! I say olb sure is our biggest need, maybe 2 of them and 2 qb's, but mario williams went first overall what kind of career has he had, you take the best player thats not named cam newton!
Originally posted by backontop:
If they aren't available why not just draft Prince Amukamara?

I completely agree. Prince gets hated on to much for not being PP. But I think Prince is our best option.
Share 49ersWebzone