LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

If I was GM trade scenario for Kevin Kolb

Using te draft value chart, I would propose the following to Andy Reid, suppose a stud falls to number 7, Patrick Peterson or Von Miller, someone the Eagle covet.

Niners trade Pick 7, 45 and 76 to eagles

Eagles trade pick 23, 54, 85 and Kevin Kolb to the Niners.

The Niners give up 875 points on the draft value chart, equivalent to a the 16th pick in the draft, yet, they retain draft picks in rounds 1,2 and 3.

The Niners then draft a CB or Pass rusher at 23
Draft a pass rusher or CB whatever is not filled above at pick 54.

Pick 85 best developmental qb, andy dalton, etc.

QB- Kevin Kolb, Carr, Andy Dalton
Pick in round 1, OLB PR or CB
Pick in round 2 CB or OLB whatever not picked at 23
Pick in round 3 developmental cb.
Still have picks in rounds 4,5,6 and 7
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
That's all great, except there won't be a CBA and no trades for current players can happen. Been saying this for a year now. Unless something drastic happens early in court this is dragging out for a long time.
At this point any trade for a player will likely happen after the draft, so that means a draft pick from next year and not this year will need to be used.
dont want kolb
I still don't understand why people want Kolb. He hasn't done anything to warrant the high draft picks traded back to them. The media praised him making him look better than he actually is at this point.
1.we have at least one kolb-thread already.
2.wrong section.
Kevin Kolb Sucks
1. Kolb sucks.
2. The draft value chart is not actually used by NFL teams. Its an out of date, pointless chart.
3. I'm glad you are not our GM
There is ZERO chance Philly would do this.

It would be a great deal for us, but very little value for them.

Other than moving up in the first, the other pick swaps would have minimal impact on their draft. Most likely, the player they want could be available with the later pick as well. Moving up only has true value if you are moving up during the draft for a specific player, not just inherently having a higher pick before hand.

Also, you can't just add the "chart value" of the moves up and think the total is equal to a pick of that "value".

That would be like you telling me you want $100 to sell something and I offer you $30 cash, a baseball card worth $50 and a coupon that saves you $20. Sure, there might be $100 of "value" there, but it's not the same as $100.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
There is ZERO chance Philly would do this.

It would be a great deal for us, but very little value for them.

Other than moving up in the first, the other pick swaps would have minimal impact on their draft. Most likely, the player they want could be available with the later pick as well. Moving up only has true value if you are moving up during the draft for a specific player, not just inherently having a higher pick before hand.

Also, you can't just add the "chart value" of the moves up and think the total is equal to a pick of that "value".

That would be like you telling me you want $100 to sell something and I offer you $30 cash, a baseball card worth $50 and a coupon that saves you $20. Sure, there might be $100 of "value" there, but it's not the same as $100.

And I've Got a bridge in Brooklin that you might be interested in?

So we trade the equivalent of a 16th overall pick for Kelvin Kolb? Are you out of your f*cking mind?

Have you guys actually seen him play? I don't understand what everyone sees in this kid. He's had some great games, with some terrific talent on the eagles. But some games he was straight up terrible.

You guys should've seen Eagle fans talking about him right before he played the 49ers.

I wouldn't be happy if we traded away a 2nd rounder for the guy let alone the equivalent of a 16th pick in the draft.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Travisty13:
1. Kolb sucks.
2. The draft value chart is not actually used by NFL teams. Its an out of date, pointless chart.

nailed it!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Travisty13:
1. Kolb sucks.

And you know this, how???
  • Chief
  • Veteran
f**k Kevin Kolb.
If you were the GM with this scenario then you're out the door faster than McCloughan.

Dude has worse stats than Alex Smith. And he had hella talent and coaching.
Share 49ersWebzone