LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

DaFaro49ers....Worst Case Scenario Mock Draft.... Oh ohhh!!!

Originally posted by ishkabibel:
i'd hope Harbaugh was skyhigh on Gabbert or Newton. If not, trade down a few spots for Prince.
The Cowgirls would likely take prince at 9. We couldn't trade down and expect to get him
Trade back w/Vikings for thier first, 12th, and second, #43. Pick JJ Watt or Kerrigan or Jordan or Heyward and the pass rush will improve.
If Fairley is available, the Niners should jump at the chance to pick him. Remember, Fairley was considered a lock for the top 3 before the Combine and was a monster in the SEC. Having him at left end in our 3-4 would be amazing.

Read the attached article and see if that changes your mind about your Worst Case Scenario:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14812120
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Last time I checked, Abruyo Franklin is a UFA and not tagged. If an injunction against the lockout is set, then the old CBA rules are in effect. We would have to bid for an older player with less upside. I'm not so sure this is a terrible situation. Can't run a 3-4 without a talented NT.

Fairley won't be a NT in a 3-4 in the NFL, he most likely would move to DE in a NFL 3-4.
Yeah for real, if you would've told me we would've gotten fairly at #7 the day after the bcs chanmpioship game I would've said yeah right. This guy was the most dangerous and effective player on defense in all of college football . Although I think he can be a punk on the field sometimes, so is that boy named Suh.
I can't see us passing on him if available.
Share 49ersWebzone