I just did a quick run through of the first round. I decided I didn't want to deal with the hassle of trades although I believe there are several teams that will move. I just didn't want to make this too complicated. It's just the first round, go ahead, tear it apart.
1. Carolina Panthers - Blaine Gabbert
New coach, new quarterback. Ron Rivera doesn't believe the hype that surrounds Cam Newton, so instead goes for the most pro-ready signal caller in the draft.
2. Denver Bronco's - Da'Quan Bowers
Originally, I had him as the #1 pick. This guy is a beast and Denver doesn't have anybody in the front 7 of their defense.
3. Buffalo Bills - Cam Newton
The most unpredictable team in the draft takes the guy with the highest upside and highest risk. Cam Newton sits behinds the amish rifle, Ryan Fitzpatrick, for about 5 games before he gets the start.
4. Cincinnati Bengals - A.J. Green
Probably the safest pick in the draft. Although I see the Bengals trying to trade out of this spot because they'd rather select a qb later in the draft as well as get another pick. I don't see anybody making the trade though so they are forced to grab A.J. Green. Not to shabby.
5. Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller
Arizona needs a guy to replace Joey Porter. Von Miller fits perfectly into their system.
6. Cleveland Browns - Marcell Dareus
This was the hardest pick in my opinion. If the draft falls this way I believe the Browns do all they can to trade out of it. It's too early to grab Julio Jones in my opinion but I wouldn't be shocked if that happens. Instead, I have them replacing Shaun Rodgers and starting a new anchor to their D.
7. San Francisco 49ers - Patrick Peterson
It was tough to pick between Quinn and Peterson. I see Clements being cut though so that leaves us with Spencer as our #1 corner. No thanks. 49ers grab the best player in the draft to shut down half of the field.
8. Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley
With both top teer qb's gone, the Titans decide to boost their D-line. They are happy that Fairley drops this far.
9. Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara
No surprise here. Cowboys secondary is awful. Wouldn't be shocked if they go Jimmy Smith here, but as of now, Prince is the pick.
10. Washington Redskins - Julio Jones
Another team that has an awful quarterback situation. Too early to grab any other qb, so they go with the receiver who dominated the combine.
11. Houston Texas - Robert Quinn
In a division where they still need to face Peyton Manning twice a year, they figure the best way to beat him is to hit him. Instead of drafting a corner to help coverage, they rather have the guy who hits the qb. Quinn across from Williams is a great combo.
12. Minnesota Vikings - Tyron Smith
Not a sexy pick, just filling a need.
13. Detroit Lions - Jimmy Smith
They could easily go Nate Solder here to help protect Matt Stafford, but I see their secondary as by far their greatest weakness. A guy like Jimmy Smith helps instantly.
14. St. Louis Rams - J.J. Watt
Hopeful that Julio Jones would fall but he doesn't. Instead, they grab somebody who can put pressure on the qb.
15. Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram
Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are a combination of a fragile and an old running back. They grab the best one on the board.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Aldon Smith
17. New England Patriots - Mike Pouncey
18. San Diego Chargers - Ryan Kerrigan
19. New York Giants - Nate Solder
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Cam Jordan
21. Kansas City Chiefs - Akeem Ayers
22. Indianapolis Colts - Anthony Castonzo
23. Philadelphia Eagles - Gabe Carimi
24. New Orleans Saints - Corey Liuget
25. Seattle Seahawks - Jake Locker
26. Baltimore Ravens - Justin Houston
27. Atlanta Falcons - Adrian Clayborn
28. New England Patriots - Cameron Heyward
29. Chicago Bears - Rahim Moore
30. New York Jets - Muhammad Wilkerson
31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Danny Watkins
32. Green Bay Packers - Derek Sherrod.