LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

2011 3-4 OLB prospects

Originally posted by vrabbit:
how is Acho on this list?

Also, Beal will struggle as a 3-4 OLB IMO, he's more of a 4-3 DE

acho==gezhundit
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for TheXFactor.
Brooks Reed in the 2nd would be awesome!
Originally posted by 9moon:
Again, i wouldnt draft Miller at the 7th spot.. if we happen to trade out of the top 10, that would be the only time that I would consider him..

Why not? The guy lead the nation in sacks in his junior year and had another 10 this year in an injury shortened season. Is it because of his size or something else?
Ryan Kerrigan and Justin Houston need to be added to the list of 3-4 OLB prospects.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
My wish list
Miller
Quinn
Reed
Kerrigan
A. Smith
Acho
B Miller
Keiser

Buyer beware
Ayers
Moch - Mike Mamula and Vernon Gholston all over againSheard
Beal
Friday
Daniels

I don't know what UNR games they watched to come up with this, but apparently they never did watch any. Moch spent most of the past several seasons harrasing QBs in the backfield. Maybe he doesn't have any feel for the game, but they might want to ask some QBs and Lineman that played agains him.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
My wish list
Miller
Quinn
Reed
Kerrigan
A. Smith
Acho
B Miller
Keiser

Buyer beware
Ayers
Moch - Mike Mamula and Vernon Gholston all over again
Sheard
Beal
Friday
Daniels

I don't know what UNR games they watched to come up with this, but apparently they never did watch any. Moch spent most of the past several seasons harrasing QBs in the backfield. Maybe he doesn't have any feel for the game, but they might want to ask some QBs and Lineman that played agains him.

This is just more of a feeling than based on any actual game tape or scouting. Moch was a handful in college, but so was Gholston in a much higher profile conference. For some reason, I keep thinking of Moch as a "looks like Tarzan, might play like Jane" at the next level. I may be wrong, but I want the Niners to draft someone else.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Again, i wouldnt draft Miller at the 7th spot.. if we happen to trade out of the top 10, that would be the only time that I would consider him..

Why not? The guy lead the nation in sacks in his junior year and had another 10 this year in an injury shortened season. Is it because of his size or something else?

I love Miller, but still would take Peterson over him at this spot. Call me crazy but I think Charles Woodson is more valuable than Clay Mathews in the GB scheme. If Peterson can grow into being Mr. Versatility like that with his athleticism he represents more value at that pick.

But then I would want to trade back into the late first and grab Brooks Reed. Reminds me of Vrabel.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
My wish list
Miller
Quinn
Reed
Kerrigan
A. Smith
Acho
B Miller
Keiser

Buyer beware
Ayers
Moch - Mike Mamula and Vernon Gholston all over again
Sheard
Beal
Friday
Daniels

This is just more of a feeling than based on any actual game tape or scouting. Moch was a handful in college, but so was Gholston in a much higher profile conference. For some reason, I keep thinking of Moch as a "looks like Tarzan, might play like Jane" at the next level. I may be wrong, but I want the Niners to draft someone else.

I remember Gholston was a bit of an upset being drafted that high. He didn't have the film to justify that pick, only the combine stats. So to say he was a handful on an already star studded Ohio St. defense could be a stretch. All the film I ever saw of him in college was open lanes to the QB or ball carrier because he wasn't keyed on too much. Thadeus Gibson, Larry Grant, Laurinaitis, Jenkins, just to name a couple of the defensive players that are makin it to the NFL from what I remember of that defense. My timeline could be messed up on when these guys all actually started, but the point is the same... Gholston was never the marque player of that defense.
Share 49ersWebzone