There are 284 users in the forums

What will you guys do in April if there no draft?

With the ex-union filing to stop the draft in it's a lawsuit... What will you guys do if thier no draft come next month?
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I'll watch the draft, because it's going to happen no matter what
Sue to players for being stupid.
1. be irritated
2. easter egg hunt
3. be irritated
4. easter egg hunt again
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Sue to players for being stupid.

This... but De Smith can pay for 59.0330404050695949222111109999% of my settlement. I also want every moment of his life from now on and in the past as public knowledge just because I am a jerk.

Hopefully you guys pick up on the joke...

The draft is the only thing that's keeping me going

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 11, 2011 at 19:05:36 ]
Be pissed at De Smith and work out at the gym
This topic is a moot point because: lawsuit is aimed at a rookie salary cap, not stopping the NFL draft
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
This topic is a moot point because: lawsuit is aimed at a rookie salary cap, not stopping the NFL draft

This say different..

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Special-Content/Nine-players-sue-NFL.aspx

"The lawsuit, filed by the players just hours after the NFL Players Association de-certified and became a trade organization, alleges that the league and NFL clubs violated the Sherman Antitrust Act by planning to lock out non-unionized members, by planning to hold an NFL Draft, and by imposing a salary cap and free agent restrictions. "

[ Edited by fakers23 on Mar 11, 2011 at 19:24:48 ]
I dont think he could stop the draft. The kids comming out r not nfl players until drafted by an nfl team. I dont think he has any control over them until drafted and or signed.
Originally posted by Nuns:
I'll watch the draft, because it's going to happen no matter what

This.

They will not stop the draft. You know why? Because those guys have nothing to do with the current players who make up the NFLPA(even though they broke apart)

They also know that right now the draft is the only thing the fans have. To f*ck the fans over on that too would be a slap in the face to the people who make the league what it is.

They're going after the owners and want to look as best they can to the public. Killing the draft would damage them more than help them.

Not to mention it hurts all the guys in the draft so they'd be hypocrites by saying they're looking out for past, present and FUTURE NFL players.
If I recall Vonn Miller was in on this lawsuit too, no?
Originally posted by TenderLoinTimmy:
If I recall Vonn Miller was in on this lawsuit too, no?

Yep he is.. He's suing on behave of college players to have the draft stop because of Anti-Trust..
As I understand the law, when the Player's Association decertifies, then there is no longer a player's union or a collective bargaining agreement. At that point the various owners become subject to the Sherman Anti-trust Act, which prevents unlawful restraints on trade and competition.

Hence, a draft, whereby the teams agree to divide up the rights to players coming out of college would likely be deemed by the judge as an unlawful restraint of trade. Look at it this way, if Chevron, Exxon and ARCO decided to divide up a given territory in which each would operate exclusively in their area, then there would be no competition in each area, and would allow non-competitive pricing to occur (I know, you think that is really going on now - bad example).

Another example would be if all the law firms in the country had a draft, such that a graduating law student could only sign with the firm who drafted him/her, then the student would have to sign with the firm, even if they offered him/her $10,000/ yr. The only other alternative would be to turn the job down and go to work doing something other than legal work. The anti-trust laws prevent this, and the only reason it is allowed in the NFL is because they operated under a negotiated agreement with a union that represented all players.
You could always do a couple of fat chicks.
Share 49ersWebzone