There are 283 users in the forums

OnTheClock's Post-Combine Big 100 Board

Questions and concerns are welcome. Feel free to mention any mistakes if you see them, it's possible there may be doubles in here. Enjoy! 49ers picks are bolded.

Pick Player Position School

1 Cam Newton* QB Auburn
2 Da'Quan Bowers* DE Clemson
3 Patrick Peterson* CB LSU
4 A.J. Green* WR Georgia
5 Blaine Gabbert* QB Missouri
6 Nick Fairley* DT Auburn
7 Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
8 Marcell Dareus* DT Alabama
9 Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
10 Julio Jones* WR Alabama
11 Cameron Jordan DE Cal
12 Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
13 Robert Quinn* DE UNC
14 J.J. Watt* DE Wisconsin
15 Ryan Mallett* QB Arkansas
16 Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
17 Corey Liuget* DT Illinois
18 Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State
19 Tyron Smith* OT USC
20 Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
21 Aldon Smith** DE Missouri
22 Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
23 Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
24 Nate Solder OT Colorado
25 Jake Locker QB Washington
26 Brandon Harris* CB Miami
27 Jonathan Baldwin* WR Pittsburgh
28 Mark Ingram* RB Alabama
29 Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State
30 Phil Taylor DT Baylor
31 Mike Pouncey OG Florida
32 Justin Houston* OLB Georgia
33 Torrey Smith* WR Maryland
34 Martez Wilson* ILB Illinois
35 Christian Ponder QB Florida State
36 Muhammed Wilkerson* DT Temple
37 Leonard Hankerson WR Miami
38 Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
39 Christian Ballard DE Iowa
40 Marcus Cannon OT TCU
41 Akeem Ayers* OLB UCLA
42 Rahim Moore* S UCLA
43 Marvin Austin DT UNC
44 Aaron Williams* CB Texas
45 Brooks Reed OLB Arizona
46 Ryan Williams** RB Virginia Tech
47 Greg Little WR UNC
48 Stefen Wisniewski OG/C Penn State
49 Randall Cobb* WR Kentucky
50 Quinton Carter S Oklahoma
51 Kyle Rudolph* TE Notre Dame
52 Mikel Leshoure* RB Illinois
53 Rodney Hudson OG Florida State
54 Orlando Franklin OT Miami
55 Titus Young WR Boise State
56 DeAndre McDaniel S Clemson
57 Brandon Burton* CB Utah
58 Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy
59 Stephen Paea DT Oregon State
60 Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh
61 Sam Acho OLB Texas
62 Drake Nevis DT LSU
63 Kenrick Ellis NT Hampton
64 Benjamin Ijalana OG Villanova
65 Danny Watkins OG Baylor
66 Jordan Todman* RB Connecticut
67 D.J. Williams TE Arkansas
68 James Carpenter OT Alabama
69 Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
70 Allen Bailey DE Miami
71 Clint Boling OG Georgia
72 Luke Stocker TE Tennessee
73 Dontay Moch DE Nevada
74 John Moffitt OG Wisconsin
75 Mason Foster OLB Washington
76 Andy Dalton QB TCU
77 Greg Jones ILB Michigan State
78 Davon House CB New Mexico State
79 Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma State
80 Quan Sturdivant ILB UNC
81 Curtis Brown CB Texas
82 Kris O'Dowd OC USC
83 Bruce Carter OLB UNC
84 DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma
85 K.J. Wright OLB Mississippi State
86 Shane Vereen* RB Cal
87 Tyler Sash* S Iowa
88 Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State
89 Colin McCarthy ILB Miami
90 Robert Sands* S West Virginia
91 Jurrell Casey* DT USC
92 Chris Carter OLB Fresno State
93 Jason Pinkston OT/G Pittsburgh
94 Chimdi Chekwa CB Ohio State
95 Johnny Patrick CB Louisville
96 Jacquizz Rodgers* RB Oregon State
97 Lawrence Guy* DT Arizona State
98 Niles Paul WR Nebraska
99 Jordan Cameron TE USC
100 Delone Carter RB Syracuse
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Big fan of Reed. Would love to get Dareus and Reed in the first 2 rounds to shore up that front 7 - considering your big board.
Terrific work, as always.

I'd be very curious to see the medical report on Adrian Clayborn. I think he will be a draft day slider due to his Erb's Palsy condition, but you never know. The same goes for Christian Ponder and his shoulder, and many other guys on this list. Will these guys check out, or be red flagged by teams?

There are always a couple head scratchers every year for us draftniks, since we are not privy to this information.
Thanks OTC. Guess it's time to start in on my projections!
[ Edited by KezarLivin on Mar 10, 2011 at 11:04 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I'd be very curious to see the medical report on Adrian Clayborn. I think he will be a draft day slider due to his Erb's Palsy condition, but you never know. The same goes for Christian Ponder and his shoulder, and many other guys on this list. Will these guys check out, or be red flagged by teams?

There are always a couple head scratchers every year for us draftniks, since we are not privy to this information.

Very, very true, MD. I see several who could fall (either due to injury or simple lack of demand). We still have over a month to go of course, and more tweaks are sure to come!

On Clayborn, ultimately I think I may lower him by the time I make my final board. I think teams will consider him strictly a RDE because of his condition which makes him left hand dominant. His versatility is hurt, but he's still a top 50 pick because of his play.

Like your board, it's not a mock, just a general guess of the projected "area" of selection -- But woe is me, people are going to look at it and say "TWO OLBS!?!?!" (I didn't even realize until now that I had us picking OLB's back to back )
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 10, 2011 at 11:12 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Very, very true, MD. I see several who could fall (either due to injury or simple lack of demand). We still have over a month to go of course, and more tweaks are sure to come! Like your board, it's not a mock, just a general guess of the projected "area" of selection -- But woe is me, people are going to look at it and say "TWO OLBS!?!?!" (I didn't even realize until now that I had us picking OLB's back to back )

Hey, Miller and Reed wouldn't be too bad of a future pair, wouldn't they? However, I think we both know that a corner is going to be in one of these two picks, and that is where the nightmare begins. After Peterson and Prince, and Smith and Harris, these guys could go in any order. You have Aaron Williams projected in the area around the Niners, and he is that hybrid CB/FS type the Niners used to draft in bunches in the past. Curtis Brown, Devin House, Brandon Burton, the list goes on and on of guys that are in contention for a second round selection.

One note: I keep getting the feeling Greg Jones is in a freefall. There seems to be a ton of skepticism that he can play off blocks effectively at the next level, which seemed to be an issue during Senior Bowl week.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Very, very true, MD. I see several who could fall (either due to injury or simple lack of demand). We still have over a month to go of course, and more tweaks are sure to come! Like your board, it's not a mock, just a general guess of the projected "area" of selection -- But woe is me, people are going to look at it and say "TWO OLBS!?!?!" (I didn't even realize until now that I had us picking OLB's back to back )

Hey, Miller and Reed wouldn't be too bad of a future pair, wouldn't they? However, I think we both know that a corner is going to be in one of these two picks, and that is where the nightmare begins. After Peterson and Prince, and Smith and Harris, these guys could go in any order. You have Aaron Williams projected in the area around the Niners, and he is that hybrid CB/FS type the Niners used to draft in bunches in the past. Curtis Brown, Devin House, Brandon Burton, the list goes on and on of guys that are in contention for a second round selection.

The hope is Peterson will somehow make it to #7, but.. we know that's not going to happen. I could live with Harris in the 2nd, but I don't think he'll be there either. I personally think he has a LOT of work to do. He was scorched in their bowl game and took some of the most horrendous tackling angles I've ever seen. It was embarrassing.

Prince or Peterson at 7.
House or Burton at 45.
Dowling or Curtis Brown at 76.
Chekwa, Marsh or Skrine in the 4th. (But I think the Raiders will target Skrine in the third, actually. This will likely be one adjustment to the board).

Anyone later? Crapshoot.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone