LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

What are the chances the Panthers trade that 1st pick?

• Chief
  • Veteran
I have a feeling they will be trying to trade that pick. They have no second round pick and have no valued QB to pick with the first pick. Any chance some team with a later first makes a trade to grab one of the defensive linemen or Patrick Peterson?
I think they'd love to trade, but it'll be tough. There's too many elite players that will be hanging around later in the top 10.

On the other hand, I think we're in a great position to trade back.
Originally posted by Chief:
I have a feeling they will be trying to trade that pick. They have no second round pick and have no valued QB to pick with the first pick. Any chance some team with a later first makes a trade to grab one of the defensive linemen or Patrick Peterson?

How do you know where they have qb's valued? Maybe they like Newton or Gabbert with the 1st pick.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Somebody has to want to trade up for them to trade down. I just don't see an elite player in this draft with the exception of maybe Peterson.

So I would say about 0.1%.
I think it's possible

They are a lot of elite players in the draft but no sure fire 1 overall pick so if a team really likes a player (probably on d line because of broncos) they will jump ahead
There's no standout. Cant see anyone paying the price to trade up.
Originally posted by English:
There's no standout. Cant see anyone paying the price to trade up.

Yeah, I'd be shocked to see a trade. Too many players jammed up in the top 5 and no clear "#1".

Unless it's a very minor trade, say a team between 3-5 jumping up a few spots to get "their" guy, I don't think anyone is willing to give up a huge sum to move significantly up to the top spot, and I doubt the Panthers are willing to move back all that far, given their need for playermakers at so many positions.
Who would want it? There it's nobody in this draft ghats worth the anno to move into that spot.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Who would want it? There it's nobody in this draft ghats worth the anno to move into that spot.
that's the main point...
  • krizay
  • Veteran
i for one think they will trade it. I think there is a 50% chance that it will. 100% if the rookie scale gets put in place before the draft.

Someone will want peterson or fairly.

Originally posted by krizay:
i for one think they will trade it. I think there is a 50% chance that it will. 100% if the rookie scale gets put in place before the draft.

I think the insertion of a rookie scale is key in their chances of trading the pick. All it takes is one team to really be in love with a player, and if the rookie pay scale prevents the 1st overall pick from crippling the team's finances, I think there's a good chance they could find a taker.
If there is a new CBA by the time the draft rolls around complete with a rookie wage scale that is reasonable, I can see someone like Dallas moving up to pick Peterson.
Originally posted by krizay:

Thanks so much for saying what I was going to say before I said it. How thoughtful of you.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Chief:

How do you know where they have qb's valued? Maybe they like Newton or Gabbert with the 1st pick.

I don't know anything, does anyone in this draft forum know a damn thing?

lol.. I'm just guessing because that is my point of view.
Share 49ersWebzone