LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

How excited are you for our first pick?

How excited are you for our first pick?

Personally, I'm so stoked about this one because at #7 we can get an elite player at a position of need like DE with Dareus, CB with Peterson or Amukamara, OLB in Miller and Quinn and of course a QB with Gabbert and Newton. That's seven players right there and one will be a 49er. I would be happy with any of the defensive players and would trust Harbaugh to develop both Gabbert and Newton quickly. Since QB trumps all when the term "franchise" is used, I could see both of the QBs go in the first five picks dropping a couple of these top defensive prospects to us.

Still, we are guaranteed any one of those seven players all of whom fill a position of need. The only ones who wouldn't start right away would be the QBs, IMO. All the others would immediate compete and win their jobs. Seriously, take a good look at this list:

Peterson
Miller
Dareus
Quinn
Amukamara
Gabbert
Newton

That's without Green, Bowers and Fairley who may all go before we pick driving three more down to us.

Yup, this will be another good draft year!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Same as every year, at least for the 1st round. It's after that I get anxious, just knowing we'll blow it. Last year when Mays was slipping I kept telling my wife, "please let this guy get picked", then just before "THEY BETTER NOT PICK f**kING MAYS!!" Then anger ensued. Ruined the rest of the draft for me.
Share 49ersWebzone