LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

newton expected to go #1...

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What is so good about him?

I still haven't seen what's so impressive either. Overrated and overhyped.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
I'm amazed the mods haven't moved/locked this thread.

Wake up mods. Wake the f up.

SWAGG.......we were supposed to talk about Alex Smith in all Cozz4's threads to get them locked. I thought you were with me on this brother.

So Alex Smith, I think can have a successful year. Our line with have one more year to gel together, Harbaugh's offense with the different variations and running scheme with help Alex out. Hope the CBA gets resolved soon. My jobs done. You need to help me SWAGG. Lol.

There's no question having the oline gel and having Jim Harbaugh would help Alex Smith.

My only issue/question is if we do sign Alex Smith, how long do we sign him for?

It seems to me that Alex Smith would never think about signing for just a 1 year deal. So do we go 3 years? Or do we show full confidence with a 5-6 year deal?

And how much do we pay him? If Carr is getting almost 3 mill a year just to be a backup, does that mean we pay Alex Smith in the 7-10 mill a year range, or more?? How much of it will be guaranteed?
Man, the bills?
Tough break.

Ass crappy team, and crappy weather...

I'd holdout.

He'll be a Cowboy somehow though.lol

SWAGG.......we were supposed to talk about Alex Smith in all Cozz4's threads to get them locked. I thought you were with me on this brother.

So Alex Smith, I think can have a successful year. Our line with have one more year to gel together, Harbaugh's offense with the different variations and running scheme with help Alex out. Hope the CBA gets resolved soon. My jobs done. You need to help me SWAGG. Lol.

There's no question having the oline gel and having Jim Harbaugh would help Alex Smith.

My only issue/question is if we do sign Alex Smith, how long do we sign him for?

It seems to me that Alex Smith would never think about signing for just a 1 year deal. So do we go 3 years? Or do we show full confidence with a 5-6 year deal?

And how much do we pay him? If Carr is getting almost 3 mill a year just to be a backup, does that mean we pay Alex Smith in the 7-10 mill a year range, or more?? How much of it will be guaranteed?

You have to go more then just the one year. But you also have to assume we may draft an "heir apparent, franchise QB". So I think another 2 year deal for Alex. It gives the rookie time to learn, and Alex has 2 years of the same offense to see what he has in Harbaugh's Offense. Money wise, it has to be more then Carr, but not to much. I say in the middle of your figures......in the 5-7 range.

You have to go more then just the one year. But you also have to assume we may draft an "heir apparent, franchise QB". So I think another 2 year deal for Alex. It gives the rookie time to learn, and Alex has 2 years of the same offense to see what he has in Harbaugh's Offense. Money wise, it has to be more then Carr, but not to much. I say in the middle of your figures......in the 5-7 range.

negative. Sign him to a one year deal.
carolina has to make a splash to excite their fan base and put butts in the seat. they need a new face for that franchise. someone who will bring immense talent on the field and turn heads and shine the light on them for a change. cam newton is that guy this year. a qb simply has more impact on the field than any other player so good or bad they gotta take cam or gabbert. cam seems to have more steam right now
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
carolina has to make a splash to excite their fan base and put butts in the seat. they need a new face for that franchise. someone who will bring immense talent on the field and turn heads and shine the light on them for a change. cam newton is that guy this year. a qb simply has more impact on the field than any other player so good or bad they gotta take cam or gabbert. cam seems to have more steam right now

I agree. It's a gamble but new coach, new QB. I'm sure they would love to trade down but I'm sure there just aren't any suitors.

I tell you what though, if I were a coach and needed a QB and thought that Cam had the talent then there is no way I would not pick him.
Share 49ersWebzone