LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

STAY AWAY from?

STAY AWAY from?

• ttime
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by feeblefreestyler:
Originally posted by ttime:
Cam Newton is the only player that this team CAN NOT afford NOT to take if available. Coach H who has a pretty accurate record of assessing qb talent has said that Cam is the best prospect in the past 10 years and you all think they should pass on him? It doesn't matter that Cam did not come in for a visit. The GM visited his pro day and Coach H has seen enough to give him a glowing assessment.

Is that you Cam?

Scott

LOL!!! so happy were not taking scam

The only smoke screen is the one in front of your eyes. The only reason why the niners won't take him is because he will be off the board. There is no way that the niners would pass on him if he is available. Not with Coach H's assessment and his history of being accurate with his assessment. You would be completely foolish to think otherwise.
  • ttime
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Cam Newton is the only player that this team CAN NOT afford NOT to take if available. Coach H who has a pretty accurate record of assessing qb talent has said that Cam is the best prospect in the past 10 years and you all think they should pass on him? It doesn't matter that Cam did not come in for a visit. The GM visited his pro day and Coach H has seen enough to give him a glowing assessment.

lol smokescreen were only team other than Dallas in top 12 who haven't called him in for a private workout jim h didnt even attend his proday he isnt even on our radar

THAT'S YOU TALKIN. LOL. NOT COACH H. Why would he have to go to confirm what he already knows? The man said the best prospect in the past 10 years! He has no reason what so ever to have to BS anyone on that. Blow the smoke from your eyes; better yet from your thinking.

Is that you Cam?

Scott

The only smoke screen is the one in front of your eyes. The only reason why the niners won't take him is because he will be off the board. There is no way that the niners would pass on him if he is available. Not with Coach H's assessment and his history of being accurate with his assessment. You would be completely foolish to think otherwise.

coach H has said he has lots of potential. I don't think that means he is willing to put his legacy on the shoulders of a project top 10 pick. Cam needs lots of development at the most important position.
  • ttime
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Is that you Cam?

Scott

coach H has said he has lots of potential. I don't think that means he is willing to put his legacy on the shoulders of a project top 10 pick. Cam needs lots of development at the most important position.

What he said is that he is the BEST PROSPECT IN THE PAST TEN YEARS. That is certainly the type of talent that you put your legacy on.

lol smokescreen were only team other than Dallas in top 12 who haven't called him in for a private workout jim h didnt even attend his proday he isnt even on our radar

THAT'S YOU TALKIN. LOL. NOT COACH H. Why would he have to go to confirm what he already knows? The man said the best prospect in the past 10 years! He has no reason what so ever to have to BS anyone on that. Blow the smoke from your eyes; better yet from your thinking.

cam has the most question marks in the draft youre telling me coach harbaugh a valued qb guru isnt going to attend a proday and call him in to see what cam can offer the team? especially since he isnt cosidered the smartest guy they dont wanna test it out for themselves and see what he has?

i can say stuff too doesnt make it true he said he is best prospect in 10 years but hasnt acted upon it we haev called i every qb graded from 1st round to 4th round prospects to come here and ttended tehre pro day EXCEPT NEWTON that it self says something

Is that you Cam?

Scott

What he said is that he is the BEST PROSPECT IN THE PAST TEN YEARS. That is certainly the type of talent that you put your legacy on.

If anyone actually believed that they would be trading up left and right for the chance to pick him

I don't think that is the case. Many aren't sure if he will be the 1st QB taken
  • ttime

cam has the most question marks in the draft youre telling me coach harbaugh a valued qb guru isnt going to attend a proday and call him in to see what cam can offer the team? especially since he isnt cosidered the smartest guy they dont wanna test it out for themselves and see what he has?

i can say stuff too doesnt make it true he said he is best prospect in 10 years but hasnt acted upon it we haev called i every qb graded from 1st round to 4th round prospects to come here and ttended tehre pro day EXCEPT NEWTON that it self says something

What is it that you are missing????? He has already seen it enough to make an assessment. He does not have to see any more. And no, Cam does not have the most question marks. The BS that many of you use to imagine question marks have absolutely nothing to do with his talent as he has won championships at every level. His "question markk" have more to do with the NCAA's exploitation of players than a family's character. Moreover, CAM was absolutely 100% correct in is self assessment of representing himself as an icon. The NCAA got PAID due to him being "One who is the object of great attention and devotion; an idol."

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/icon#ixzz1KhA6ZbK5
  • ttime

Is that you Cam?

Scott

If anyone actually believed that they would be trading up left and right for the chance to pick him

So now you are questioning the coach's assessment? The same coach who has a quite solid history of making such assessment? Don't be surprised if this is exactly what happens.

What is it that you are missing????? He has already seen it enough to make an assessment. He does not have to see any more. And no, Cam does not have the most question marks. The BS that many of you use to imagine question marks have absolutely nothing to do with his talent as he has won championships at every level. His "question markk" have more to do with the NCAA's exploitation of players than a family's character. Moreover, CAM was absolutely 100% correct in is self assessment of representing himself as an icon. The NCAA got PAID due to him being "One who is the object of great attention and devotion; an idol."

did you know he called in a lot of his stanford prospects in the same team which he coached last year?

so what your telling me is that he is ok barely looking at game film not going to pro day or even seeing cam in person and wants to draft him so bad but he wants to look at in person the team he spent the last year with?

A lot of question marks considering the simple offense he ran. Can he transition to more complex pro style offense. Physically he has upside. But the NFL is much more mental.

I heard a stat that about 20 QBs have been drafted from a similar offense and only 1 has turned out. Vick.

Is that you Cam?

Scott

So now you are questioning the coach's assessment? The same coach who has a quite solid history of making such assessment? Don't be surprised if this is exactly what happens.

No, H said he has lots of upside from the physical standpoint. I don't remember him ever saying that Cam is smart enough to step in and master a complex pro style offense. he would have to put his whole legacy on Newton intelligence which has many question marks.
The guy that scares me is Quinn.. For one his brain tumor.. Number 2, his 1 year out of football and Number 3 his coach said his best fit is 4-3...

[ Edited by fakers23 on Apr 26, 2011 at 21:50:10 ]
  • ttime

did you know he called in a lot of his stanford prospects in the same team which he coached last year?

so what your telling me is that he is ok barely looking at game film not going to pro day or even seeing cam in person and wants to draft him so bad but he wants to look at in person the team he spent the last year with?

Actually he met and saw him at the combine. Moreover, the GM went to his pro day. And let's address this right now. Can you establish with documented proof that Coach H has "barely looking at game film" of Cam????? If not, you are simply speculating as opposed to basing your opinion on what Coach H actually stated and his history of being accurate.

Actually he met and saw him at the combine. Moreover, the GM went to his pro day. And let's address this right now. Can you establish with documented proof that Coach H has "barely looking at game film" of Cam????? If not, you are simply speculating as opposed to basing your opinion on what Coach H actually stated and his history of being accurate.

You don't find it strange that a coach who runs a complex hybrid west coast offense wouldn't want to personally interview a QB and personally workout a QB from under center before investing a 7th overall pick?
  • ttime

Is that you Cam?

Scott

No, H said he has lots of upside from the physical standpoint. I don't remember him ever saying that Cam is smart enough to step in and master a complex pro style offense. he would have to put his whole legacy on Newton intelligence which has many question marks.

"Cam Newton — that's plutonium-grade raw material, you know?" Harbaugh said. "I haven't seen upside like with this guy in probably the last 10 years."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2011-03-29-sw-jim-harbaugh_N.htm
Share 49ersWebzone