There are 177 users in the forums

Double Up Draft - Where would you spend more than one pick?

Double Up Draft - Where would you spend more than one pick?

CB, imo...b/c neither spencer nor clements seem to be our future (not to mention brown).

at olb, we have at least some solid guys like brooks and laboy...who knows, perhaps thaddeus is our harrison. and lawson is very good against the run.
olb no doubt we just lost manny our "star" olb is parys haralson and our other starter is brooks and thats all we have we need a lot of talent there
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
olb no doubt we just lost manny our "star" olb is parys haralson and our other starter is brooks and thats all we have we need a lot of talent there

When did we lose Manny? We tendered him.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
QB and OLB.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

really?

o ya nvm

but i still stick with olb

o ya nvm

I agree. Still think QB and CB need doubled up too.

o ya nvm

i agree with cb but for qb i think we should just pick up one in 2nd and 3rd and get a veteran backup

o ya nvm

i agree with cb but for qb i think we should just pick up one in 2nd and 3rd and get a veteran backup

I see what you mean. But if we were to grab a QB in the second, and one say 7th round. The 7th could as least be a PS member. Say he turns into a Matt Flynn type, who was drafted after Brian Brohm and has been more successful in the NFL. Then you have yourself a solid backup at least. Ideally I'm with you. Hopefully we get our starting QB (Alex Smith hypothetically speaking), our 2nd round rookie QB, then a vet like (Bruce Gradkowski [just throwing in a name]), and a 7th that could have potential and can learn on the PS. I just don't want David Carr as our "vet QB" that'd scare me.

o ya nvm

I see what you mean. But if we were to grab a QB in the second, and one say 7th round. The 7th could as least be a PS member. Say he turns into a Matt Flynn type, who was drafted after Brian Brohm and has been more successful in the NFL. Then you have yourself a solid backup at least. Ideally I'm with you. Hopefully we get our starting QB (Alex Smith hypothetically speaking), our 2nd round rookie QB, then a vet like (Bruce Gradkowski [just throwing in a name]), and a 7th that could have potential and can learn on the PS. I just don't want David Carr as our "vet QB" that'd scare me.

i wasnt saying david carr persay lol

anyway i see what you mean i wouldnt mind getting one in 7th round but i just dont think we should get more than 1 qb in between round 1-5

o ya nvm

anyway i see what you mean i wouldnt mind getting one in 7th round but i just dont think we should get more than 1 qb in between round 1-5
i know that qb is the most important position in football but i dont want to see us going for qb with back-to-back picks in rounds 1-3.
one in the 2nd (at the latest) and one in the 4th should be enough.

it's not like we dont have any other needs to fill.

o ya nvm

I agree. One early and one late.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
More than 1 QB. We need a starter and a backup. Plus there is always the possibility that a mid to later round QB turns out better than you thought he would. So stockpile that position. We have ignored it for too long.

Pat Kirwan today quoted a college scout that none of the big name QBs were worthy of higher than a 3rd round pick. That won't happen but it points out why I am adamantly opposed to picking a QB in EITHER of the first two rounds. Hope that Dalton is still there, or Colin tolazytotypehisfullname. Convince Alex to stay on a two year incentive deal and draft a QB high next year. This year's class isn't good.

There is somebody in every class. You just have to find the right one. The 49ers passed on Joe Montana twice and picked him in the 3rd round. The Pats passed on Brady 5 times and picked him in the 6th round. Perhaps there is somebody mid to late who is going to be better than people think.
More than 1 QB. We need a starter and a backup. Plus there is always the possibility that a mid to later round QB turns out better than you thought he would. So stockpile that position. We have ignored it for too long.

Pat Kirwan today quoted a college scout that none of the big name QBs were worthy of higher than a 3rd round pick. That won't happen but it points out why I am adamantly opposed to picking a QB in EITHER of the first two rounds. Hope that Dalton is still there, or Colin tolazytotypehisfullname. Convince Alex to stay on a two year incentive deal and draft a QB high next year. This year's class isn't good.

There is somebody in every class. You just have to find the right one. The 49ers passed on Joe Montana twice and picked him in the 3rd round. The Pats passed on Brady 5 times and picked him in the 6th round. Perhaps there is somebody mid to late who is going to be better than people think.

Agree. Never hurts to take a chance on a late QB.
  • dj43

All that is true but there have been years when things were very thing in terms of actually developing as a pro QB.
Share 49ersWebzone