There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BillWalsh 2011 NFL first round Mock Draft Top 16

1. Carolina Panthers - Daquan Bowers DE Clemson - The Panthers could go QB but I don't think there's one worthy of a first overall pick.

2. Denver Broncos - Marcell Dareus DL Alabama - Dareus could be a game changer on the broncos D-line and if he's anything like Suh last year he should be the pick.

3. Buffalo Bills - Nick Fairley DT Auburn - The Bills need help in a lot of places but building from the inside out is important and Fairley could wreak havoc on Tom Brady and Mark Sanchez for years.

4. Cincinatti Bengals - AJ Green WR Georgia - The Bengals might be without T.O. and Ocho Cinco next year so getting Carson Palmer some new weapons is a need that meets value with Green on the board.

5. Arizona Cardinals - Cam Newton QB Auburn - The Cardinals said last year that they liked the three guys they had at QB so they have to be thinking they can turn someone with Cam Newton's potential into a Legitimate NFL QB.

6. Cleveland Browns - Von Miller OLB Texas A and M - The Browns are going back to a 4-3 defense but Miller could be a jack of all trades elephant rusher in a 4-3 or play OLB in a 3-4 so they can't go wrong here.

7. San Francisco 49ers - Patrick Peterson CB LSU - Peterson could end up being a shut down corner in the NFL so the 49ers opt for him over Robert Quinn here.

8. Tennessee Titans - Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri - The titans have to go QB here as their cupboard is as empty as an team in the league at that position.

9. Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska - The Cowboys might cut Terrence Newman and thus would need his replacement.

10. Washington Redskins - Jake Locker QB Washington - Mike Shanahan likes Locker and the Skins need a QB. I can see this move happening.

11. Houston Texans - Robert Quinn DE North Carolina - Quinn didn't play last year, which causes him to slip. But the Texans want a way to contend against Peyton Manning and Quinn opposite Mario Williams might cause Manning to worry a bit more.

12. Minnesota Vikings - Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas - Some teams are going to fall in love with Mallett's big arm and I can see the Vikings biting on him here.

13. Detroit Lions - Tyron Smith OT USC - The Lions are sick of scraping Matt Stafford off of the turf and have to go O-line high in the draft to make that stop happening.

14. St. Louis Rams - Julio Jones WR Alabama - Jones put on a clinic at the combine but I still think this is a reasonable spot for him to go where need meets a good value for the rams.

15. Miami Dolphins - J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin - Lots of people have them taking running back but I don't think running the ball was a problem for them. The problem was stopping people and quarterbacking.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Cam Jordon DE Cal - The Jags want to go back to having a big, strong, athletic D-line who can stop Matt Schaub and Peyton Manning.
[ Edited by BillWalsh on Mar 6, 2011 at 6:05 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I see you haave Bowers in there this time
I hope STL doesn't get Julio Jones I think they will though.
Mallet to the Vikes makes sense. They sure have had their fair share of troubled players.
If this doesn't happen I can see Cleveland taking Julio Jones instead leaving us with the pickings from Von Miller, Peterson and Quinn.
Nice mock
Originally posted by jimrat201:
I see you haave Bowers in there this time

Definitely have him in there this time.
I'm hearing Palmer won't play in Cincy any longer...he'll retire first. He has millions in savings...so for him, it's not a matter of money. So, they may take a QB...especially if there's a new CBA and some sort of a rookie salary cap in place. Green would also be a great pick for them, again depending on their QB issues.

Also, if 'Zona's going to take a QB, I think it'd be Gabbert over Newton...but, I'm not convinced they'll go that direction. They'll be players in the FA market and like SF, may opt for a QB after the 1st rd. So, I'm thinking a guy like Miller would meet two needs...one, they really need a top pass rusher and two, taking him would deny the Niners from getting him.

No problem whatsoever w/Peterson...but, if Quinn and/or Miller are still on the board, I'm thinking Baalke will go that direction before a CB.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'm hearing Palmer won't play in Cincy any longer...he'll retire first. He has millions in savings...so for him, it's not a matter of money. So, they may take a QB...especially if there's a new CBA and some sort of a rookie salary cap in place. Green would also be a great pick for them, again depending on their QB issues.

Also, if 'Zona's going to take a QB, I think it'd be Gabbert over Newton...but, I'm not convinced they'll go that direction. They'll be players in the FA market and like SF, may opt for a QB after the 1st rd. So, I'm thinking a guy like Miller would meet two needs...one, they really need a top pass rusher and two, taking him would deny the Niners from getting him.

No problem whatsoever w/Peterson...but, if Quinn and/or Miller are still on the board, I'm thinking Baalke will go that direction before a CB.

You could be right. The Bengals have to be thinking about Gabbert and Newton here but until that is resolved, I'm giving them Green. Even if Palmer doesn't retire, he hasn't been the same pro bowl type QB they drafted long ago so they could be thinking QB anyway.

As for the cardinals, they have to be thinking Cam Newton or Blaine Gabbert as they are in a position to grab one of those guys and have some of the worst QBing in the league.
Nice mock.

I am not so sure I would want to have the great Bill Walsh's name as my moniker, just seems sacrilegious.
How many DE's do the Dolphins need? They currently have Merling, Langford, Odrick and Starks. why not add a 5th?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I hope STL doesn't get Julio Jones I think they will though.

IF he falls to them. He had such a good combine he might move up. I just really hope so. Bradford having a guy like Jones to throw to would suck for us
  • cozz4
  • Veteran
no way bowers goes number 1...his stock is really falling with this knee surgery
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Nice mock.

I am not so sure I would want to have the great Bill Walsh's name as my moniker, just seems sacrilegious.

I used to be a veteran on here with the same name, then I kept coming on the site but not signing in so they de-activated my account because I wasn't using it.