There are 211 users in the forums

Dynasty Mock v1.0 Post Combine (With top ten)

Until the CBA is figured out I am not going to try and figure in any free agents, nor predict any trades at this point.

1. Carolina: DaQuan Bowers. Rivera is a defensive minded coach. My guess is that he passes on Gabbert and goes with Moore. They might draft a QB in the second.

2. Denver: Robert Quinn. Broncos had one of the worst defenses in the league last year, and last in sacks in all of the NFL. Champ Bailey has been extended so they pass on Peterson.

3. Buffalo: Cam Newton. Many expect Buffalo to take a defensive player, but I think Cam will entice new coach, Chan Gailey, to draft him.

4. Cincinnati: AJ Green. I don't think Carson is going anywhere, but Chad and T.O. are. Easy decision.

5. Arizona: Blaine Gabbert. They need a franchise QB and Mayock feels he is worthy of the 1st overall pick, so do the Cardinals.

6. Cleveland: Julio Jones. The team has committed to McCoy as the starting QB, they need weapons for him to throw to. Julio is soaring up draft boards after his combine workout on a broken foot. There are discussions that he might surpass AJ Green. For right now, he is good enough to be drafted at #6.

7. San Francisco: Von Miller. The 49ers draft war room debates over rather to take Peterson or Miller. Fangio lobbies for Miller to get that OLB to rush the passer. Ultimately they decided on Miller.

8. Tennessee: Nick Fairley. Tennessee missed the production of Hanesworth but not his bad attitude. Fairley gives them a passrush from the middle that they have been missing since Hanesworth left.

9. Dallas: Patrick Peterson. Dallas representatives break their ankles running up to the podium to make this pick. They are elated that Peterson fell this far, the early run on QB's made it possible.

10. Washington: Marcell Dareus. Before the combine, the Redskins were set to nab Julio Jones at this spot. Instead they get a stud to anchor their DL; to give them what Hanesworth did not, a pass rushing threat in the middle of the defense.

#45. Christian Ponder, QB. With Mallet and Locker still ahead of Ponder, he falls to the 49ers in the second.

#76. Brandon Burton, CB.

4a. Sione Fua, DT.

4b. Owen Marecic, FB. (I really want this kid on our team)

5. Greg Little, WR.

6a. Marcus Gilchrist, S.

6b. (From Seattle) Ryan Bartholomew, C

7a. Greg McElroy, QB.

7b. (From Detroit) Alex Henery, K/P.
Having a choice between Miller, Peterson, Fairley and Darius would be AMAZING. It's almost too much to choose from. In that case I might be in favor of trading back 3 spots and just taking whichever of the four is left.

Anyway.... I like the draft a lot. Miller, Ponder, Burton and Fua would a great haul.
Thanks, I think the two QB's going top 5 and Julio Jones awesome combine will help to push talent our way.

I must admit, I am really high on Miller; I want him bad!
Nice job. Could be pretty close to reality. I also think Ariz goes Gabbert.
nothing is impossible in a draft but i dont think that the broncos will pass up on a DT and PP...
furthermore, i dont see julio jones going with the 6th pick neither i see the cards picking a qb...former one is a slight reach, despite his good combine, the latter one should be a project (whisenhunt doesnt have time for a project b/c he could be gone at the end of the season if he sucks again).
most important: the browns need help at DT and DE...i dont see them passing up on dareus and fairley. even PP could be possible (who cares about their last year's pick when they can lock up their secondary for the next 10 years...)
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Having a choice between Miller, Peterson, Fairley and Darius would be AMAZING. It's almost too much to choose from. In that case I might be in favor of trading back 3 spots and just taking whichever of the four is left.

Anyway.... I like the draft a lot. Miller, Ponder, Burton and Fua would a great haul.

I agree if all those players are available drop back a few and get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick. Miller or Peterson would be a dream come true though. I say go for Nnadmi (or however the F u spell his name) and draft a passrusher hopefully Miller.
I would go to church and confess my sins if we had a draft like this one
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
I would go to church and confess my sins if we had a draft like this one

lol!
anything can happen but i dont know if things will fall this way....would be awesome tho.....im a huge burton fan and id be for miller all day if we could guarantee we landed burton as well
Not at all a fan of your first rounder, but the rest (if they actually fell to those spots) would be pretty excellent.

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Not at all a fan of your first rounder, but the rest (if they actually fell to those spots) would be pretty excellent.

Are you not a fan of Miller? Or is it that I passed on Peterson?

If you are not a fan of Miller, I would love to read why not.
Like post #2 said. In this scenario trade down 3 spots pick up an extra 3rd rounder and take who's left, but if we stay at #7 it's a win-win-win. I really don't like Fairley, as good as he is I just suspect there might be too much A. Haynesworth in him.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Not ba fan of undersized 3-4 rush LBs that only rely on speed. I am not at all sold on Von's ability to "muscle" through blocks or anchor vs the run. I think his natural playing weight will stay around 240 lbs, and I prefer them around 255-265 lbs.

I am not saying that I dislike Von... or that he can not bulk up or improve in these areas. What I'm saying is that there are enough concerns for me to not want to take that chance with the #7 overall pick... whether other teams are willing to or not.
Man if Miller and Peterson are still on the board when our rolls around I just might expose myself.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

Not ba fan of undersized 3-4 rush LBs that only rely on speed. I am not at all sold on Von's ability to "muscle" through blocks or anchor vs the run. I think his natural playing weight will stay around 240 lbs, and I prefer them around 255-265 lbs.

I am not saying that I dislike Von... or that he can not bulk up or improve in these areas. What I'm saying is that there are enough concerns for me to not want to take that chance with the #7 overall pick... whether other teams are willing to or not.

I completely agree with what you are saying, and was shy about Miller at first as well; however, after the combine and watching Mike Mayock break down Miller, he feels that Miller has the size and strength to be a great OLB. Mike showed that Miller had the quickness and the bend to get low and around the OT and also showed some good strength on a couple of bull rush moves.

I will do some searching and try to find the ROT Miller was on when Mayock did his breakdown. Miller completely pushed the OT back and got to the QB.

Also, when you compare a player he would mirror in the NFL (Clay Matthews), they were almost identical in their combine statistics.

Clay Matthews was 6'3" 1/8, 240 lbs, 4.62 40 yard dash.
Von Miller was 6'3", 246, 4.46 40 yard dash.

After hearing what Mike Mayock was saying about him and watching his breakdown; match that with his Senior Bowl and combine performances, and I came away very impressed.

Well, that's my stance.
Share 49ersWebzone