LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

just another mock after combine

Some thoughts and or directions I think we go.

I think we re-sign Alex and another FA qb and maybe bring in an undrafted guy as well.

We make one big splash in FA once this CBA mess gets done and so we make a push for Nnamdi or a big name WR.

Some cuts: (gotta make some money to get or big FA fish) Manny, Nate, Spikes, Carr, Norris, James, Evans and Wragge.

We Resign: Alex, Sims, LaBoy, Reed, McDonald, Westbrook and Goldson.

Draft - will probably shift some more after pro days!
1.) Marcell Dareus (DE)
2.) Brooks Reed (OLB)
3.) Curtis Brown (CB)
4a.) John Moffitt (OG)
4b.) Greg Salas (WR)
5.) Stanley Havili (FB)
6a.) Cecil Shorts III (WR)
6b.) Lazarius Levingston (DE)
7a.) Mark LeGree (FS/CB)
7b.) Nic Grigsby (RB)

Just guesses any thoughts?
If we signed Namdi this would a good draft, real good!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
no qb.... i like alex but damn
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
If we signed Namdi this would a good draft, real good!

I agree.
although i love Dareus i'd much rather see the team re-sign Franklin and keep together one of the best run D's in the NFL. This draft has some very good CB/OLB's at the top and we need to get one take your pick Peterson, Prince, Miller, Quinn, Bowers.

If we must address NT early I'd love to see M.Austin from UNC. Guy was awesome b4 the suspension and would have been talked about right with Dareus and Fairley if he had played this year IMO.
I really like dareus as I think he'll be a better pro than fairly but I really don't know why everyone is so high on Brooks reed. I would be happier with dares and Austin in the second. Just give ourselves a top 5 d- line.
Brooks Reed is an overachiever if you ask me and will be no more than a role player in our d and we have enough role playing from our olb position if you know what I mean.
Originally posted by D-Money:
I really like dareus as I think he'll be a better pro than fairly but I really don't know why everyone is so high on Brooks reed. I would be happier with dares and Austin in the second. Just give ourselves a top 5 d- line.
Brooks Reed is an overachiever if you ask me and will be no more than a role player in our d and we have enough role playing from our olb position if you know what I mean.

its the clay matthews effect, they see a white boy coming off the edge with long hair gettin to the qb
Originally posted by fan49:

Ditto!
Originally posted by D-Money:

What are you talking about? We don't have a decent olb on this team. All we have are role players or situational players. Please don't give me Manny.

We have another guy already on our team who you'd probably call an overachiever with a non stop motor in Smith. He's turned out pretty well for us just like Clay Matthews has for GB.
What are you talking about? We don't have a decent olb on this team. All we have are role players or situational players. Please don't give me Manny.
^
I don't get it are you agreeing with me or not?

I'm just not that high on Brooks Reed. Both Smith and Matthews were first round picks and are now tearing up the league not sure Reed is on that level.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by fan49:

Ditto!

if we resign alex and bring a veteran it wouldnt matter next years qb class is miles ahead of this one
Share 49ersWebzone