There are 258 users in the forums

should the niners trade up?

Since most of us think the cowboys could trade up to cle spot at 6 to get petersen if he is still there.....why dont we trade up one spot to six to get petersen that way we could get petersen and cle would not miss out on aj green at seven. Assuming they are still there at six.

Same thing with miller. Someone may jump to six if he is still there assuming they think the niners are looking at miller as our top pick. I think most teams know that our needs are cb and olb and petersen and miller if there are also bpa.

So we need to cut them off and not lose out on one or both of these players. Last year we traded up to avoid letting davis go and this year we need to do the same. We have extra sixth seventh and fourth round picks so we have the room to do this.

Do you agree?
  • evil
  • Veteran
No. No. No. No. No.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
No. No. No. No. No.

There are 6 picks ahead of us and you only said no 5 times!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
No. No. No. No. No.

There are 6 picks ahead of us and you only said no 5 times!

That's because I expect somebody to let the time run out on the clock before they get their pick in
Nah, hold steady. But if Miller and Peterson are gone at 7, maybe trade down for a 1 and a 2 or something similar.
trade up from which pick homes
if anything I would trade down
Trade up from seven to six if miller or pp are available. If we can get either miller or pp by trading up one spot to guarantee we get the top cb or pass rusher its worth a one spot trade to block a team like dal or someone that wants either miller or pp if one or both are available at six.

What would we give up to move up a spot? A third?
  • cozz4
  • Veteran
trading up 1 spot is pointless...its not worth giving up picks to only jump 1 spot...7 is a perfect spot...we can sit back and let it unfold
we are in a good place at 7. Who ever falls to us at 7 cant be bad with the caliber in this draft.

Only person I would trade down for is Cameron Jordan. If Quinn or Peterson is not there I do think we should entertain offers given to us to swap spots.
[ Edited by NC49erfan82 on Mar 5, 2011 at 7:38 AM ]
No. There are only 6 spots ahead of us and the it's a toss up on who is picking who. One of the following players will be there at #7. Only 2 of the players don't fit our scheme and that's Fairly and Bowers.

Patrick Peterson
DeQuan Bowers
Nick Fairly
AJ Green
Von Miller
Robert Quinn
Marcell Darues

Worst case scenerio would be if Fairly or Bowers fell to us. Then I would either take Prince, Gabbert or trade down and get Aldon Smith or Ryan Kaerrigan or JJ Watt or Cam Jordan or Akeem Ayers or Jimmy Smith. So many options...
No. No. No. No. No.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
Trade down get J.Smith in the 1st.rd. B. Reed and C.Ponder in the 2nd.
Definitely do not trade up. We are in a position to get either Miller, Petersen, or Quinn. One of these three players are bound to drop at number 7 and I feel we cant lose with either one. I think being at number 7 is a good spot to be in. We are bound to draft a good player. Its not like there is severe drop off after the top 6 players. Keep put!!!
Share 49ersWebzone