LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

Just so crazy it might just work!

So i was sitting back, enjoying a nice fat "sandwich", and this scenario popped in my head. Now i was feeling really full from my "sandwich", so it sounded like a great idea at the time. This is what i believe would be best:

Alex Smith: Ok i am not going to turn this into a Smitty thread. But hear me out. Harbaugh seems to have a man crush on Smith for whatever reason. ok fine. Sign him to a one year deal and have him compete for the starting spot. There really are limited options here. And worst case, we suck this upcoming year and have a prime draft pick. Yay Andrew Luck.

The draft: Ok this is where things got really weird in my head. I was so convinced that the niners were going to trade away their first to a team like Dallas. Here's why. A lot of mock drafts have Von Miller (my choice at #7) being a top 5 pick. They also have the niners selecting either Peterson or KnockAMama at #7. Solid pick either way. But if there is a team like Dallas, who is desperate for a top tier corner, do you think they would be willing to trade their First RD pick in this draft and First RD pick in next years draft to select one of these CB studs? I don't think its that farfetched.

Next years draft: If the above came to fruition, we would then have 2 first rounders for next years draft. And if Alex started this year, one of those picks would be a top 10 pick. Did i mention, Yay Andrew Luck?

Now i know im crazy, i dont need faceless niner fanes to tell me that. I was just wondering if my crazy scenario sounds appealing to anyone else. Or better yet, if any of you have a crazy scenario that somehow makes our beloved team better.

Yay Andrew Luck!
You are half right.
Most believe selecting a CB really high is risky so I really doubt any team would give two high first rounders. Nice dream though.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Most believe selecting a CB really high is risky so I really doubt any team would give two high first rounders. Nice dream though.

But if Dallas thinks their first round next year will be low, do you think they would pull the trigger?
I wanna hear more about you sandwich to be honest with you.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Turkey? Ham? Roast Beef? I WANNA KNOW!!!
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Turkey? Ham? Roast Beef? I WANNA KNOW!!!

haha all three. Funny thing, after my hypothetical "sandwich", i actually had the subway club sandwich.

good stuff.
LONG LIVE NINER TALK!!!!!

I don't think you're crazy at all. I love sandwiches.
Sounds like a Baloney Sandwich to me.

Originally posted by ritchie:

There is nothing better then coming home after a long, stressful day of work and taking the edge off by eating a nice, fat sandwich. Followed by some good 49erswebzone Niner Talk and endless hours playing MVC3.
Originally posted by AyYoJoey:

There is nothing better then coming home after a long, stressful day of work and taking the edge off by eating a nice, fat sandwich. Followed by some good 49erswebzone Niner Talk and endless hours playing MVC3.

I'm not up to date on my slang. "Sandwich" isn't code for "penis", is it?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
How many is this now, I lost count of these stockpile draft picks for Andrew Luck threads.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by AyYoJoey:

I'm not up to date on my slang. "Sandwich" isn't code for "penis", is it?
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

Drafting top rated DB's in the top ten has actually been one of the safest picks made over the last ten years. Kiper was just going over the stats the other day making this very point, saying in the last five years their has only been one true bust when it comes to DB's in the top ten. Less than any other position.
Share 49ersWebzone