LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

March Mock (draft only)

1. CB- Patrick Peterson- Enough said big time baller

2.DT- Marvin Austin- just a beast could be a special player that falls
3.CB- Shareece Wright- I like is game this is not to high for his skill set, you will see, Deion loves his game

4.QB- Rick Stanzi most pro ready QB in this draft period, 4 years in a pro system.

4b. RB- Deion Lewis- can you say second coming to Warrick Dunn.

5. OLB - JT Thomas Steal at 5 has some skills off the edge.

6.- WR- Andrew Holmes the kid has some game 6.5 4.5 this late round pick will open eyes in camp

6b-S Da Norris Searcy brings the wood needs to be coached upped in coverage, but not afraid to mix it up

7.- C/OG Zane Taylor can play both positions

7b OG- Andrew Jackson Practice squad player never know right ?

Ok let it fly looking forward to response

6.-[/b]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Don't have to ask me twice if I like it.
Good mock but no way we wait until the fifth to get an olb especially since lawson is probably gone
Looks good but not sure Austin and Peterson make it that far... you show promise young one. Most newbies would have posted their mock draft in the 49ers forum while putting our picks as... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 forgetting that we have 2 4's, 2 6's and 2 7's.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 3, 2011 at 9:35 PM ]
Excellent draft!

I am hoping to get Ponder in the second, but I think he will go higher than our second pick; and I don't think we will move up to get him. My next pick at QB would be Dalton, but Stanzi in the 4th would be great value and I like him.

Marvin Austin is an interesting pick in the second, but I like it when I hear it.

But, honestly, you had me at Peterson!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Excellent draft!

I am hoping to get Ponder in the second, but I think he will go higher than our second pick; and I don't think we will move up to get him. My next pick at QB would be Dalton, but Stanzi in the 4th would be great value and I like him.

Marvin Austin is an interesting pick in the second, but I like it when I hear it.

Exactly, but for me, the 1st and 2nd picks had me sold.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Good mock but no way we wait until the fifth to get an olb especially since lawson is probably gone
Lawson will be back. We placed a RFA tender on him. So if he decides to sign somewhere else and we decide to not sign him to that contract, we'll get that teams 1st and 3rd round picks.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Excellent draft!

Exactly, but for me, the 1st and 2nd picks had me sold.

Really like the Austin pick in the 2nd
Im digging this draft alot. Very solid job. Lewis is a good pick in the 4th. Gore's replacement for the future, he can put some weight on and be just like Gore IMO.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't see Stanzi as anything but a back up and we absolutely need a pass rusher earlier.

Agree!
I'm seeing more and more mocks w/Peterson falling to us...still not sure that'll happen. A lot depends on if teams 1-5 go for Newton/Gabbert...if they do, then it's possible he'll be there. If not, I'd say slim chance. If not Peterson, then my guy would be Quinn. Fangio really wants an elite pass rusher...and Quinn would fill the bill.

I like the Austin and Wright picks...nice going. Not sure about Stanzi. I've seen him play really well at Iowa and also not so hot. He had a bad combine...which didn't help his draft stock at all. He didn't look good at the Senior Bowl, either. I'd rather seem them go after Ponder...he may be a late 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder. If it's the latter, then they'd need to trade up to get him. Locker's another possibility...I liked his honesty about the accuracy issues, then he proceded to impress with his athleticism and throwing at the combine. Harbaugh knows Jake well, too...and has the ability to coach him up.

Overall, though, I like your mock a lot...one of the better ones I've seen (and I've seen at least a hundred of 'em).
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Lawson will be back. We placed a RFA tender on him. So if he decides to sign somewhere else and we decide to not sign him to that contract, we'll get that teams 1st and 3rd round picks.

no! that would mean we placed a tag on him. we sent him a 1 year tender offer just in case the new cba has him as a RFA which wont happen w/5 years of service. the guy will hit the market and will probably garner a big paycheck from a 4-3 team looking for speed at OLB.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Stanzi is considered a 4th round pick now?
Love the Marvin Austin pick. I think he can be a great 3-4 end.
Share 49ersWebzone