LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

draft rumors and news

Good hips, great feet, above average instincts, but unfortunately his timed speed is hella slow. I think he runs faster on the field, but his 40 time (4.59) was a big disappointment. Perhaps he corrected it at his pro day.
Ryan Kerrigan meeting with Jaguars tonight.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

they along with the Pats were on his nuts at the Senior Bowl
Originally posted by jreff22:

I could easily see him be taken by the Patriots if he's there.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I could easily see him be taken by the Patriots if he's there.

yep
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
LB Martez Wilson to San Francisco at #7

If pass rusher Von Miller is picked up before the 49ers select, they could look to the ultra-athletic Wilson to move outside. The only reason he wouldn't go in the top 11 (Houston would love him as a 3-4 ILB/OLB) is due to the herniated disc in his neck that cost him the 2009 season--but if team doctors give GMs the thumbs-up, it could send him high up boards.

Surprise Top Ten Picks

OK I know the article is titled surprise picks but that would be more of a shock.

Well, Wilson in the first isn't shocking ... but in the top 10, I doubt it. Martez is a good player (112 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 4 sacks, 3 FF, 1 INT), but after missing all of last year, he had never really put up substantial numbers. Despite the risk that he could be a one year wonder, the main reason Martez Wilson is still in the running to be a late first rounder to high second round pick is the versatility he brings, on top of an insane size/speed combination (6-4 250 4.49 with 23 reps of 225 and a 36-inch vertical).

Wilson probably won't go any higher than the end of the 1st, but I can't see him making it to the second half of the 2nd round, or even to our pick.
PFT is tracking the visits and workouts... a few days out of date though:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/09/2011-draft-visits-and-workouts-tracker/

Not sure if you guys posted this but we aren't one of the 9 teams who have a scheduled workout with Cam Newton.

According to Darin Gantt of the Rock Hill Herald, who lists the following teams as having schedule workouts with Newton: the Panthers (first overall pick), Bills (third), Bengals (fourth), Cardinals (fifth), Browns (sixth), Titans (eighth), Redskins (10th), Vikings (12th) and Seahawks (25th).

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 11, 2011 at 03:45:44 ]
this thread will be interesting to look at after the draft. We can tell which internet news site is blowing smoke up our butts.
Newton is one of the QB's I thought the 49ers would want to take a very close look at, very surprising to me.

[ Edited by Dblj55 on Mar 11, 2011 at 07:23:45 ]
Originally posted by Dblj55:
Newton is one of the QB's I thought the 49ers would want to take a very close look at, very surprising to me.

From the sound of it a lot of team's where scared off by Newton's interviews. He kind of played all the stuff off as being young and stupid. Didn't really give too much info. Honestly, like I have said before Coach Harbaugh's passion pours out of him and he should be able to tell who is bs'ing and who really loves the game.

Just like Mallett... I think if he did drugs he should have said what all happened, came clean, apologized... said I have fixed the problem and I will work my butt off to be great. Probably not smart to mess with the press because that stuff spreads.

Someone will be there to listen if they want to man up and tell the truth.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 11, 2011 at 07:32:22 ]

Originally posted by Gore_21:
PFT is tracking the visits and workouts... a few days out of date though:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/09/2011-draft-visits-and-workouts-tracker/

Not sure if you guys posted this but we aren't one of the 9 teams who have a scheduled workout with Cam Newton.

According to Darin Gantt of the Rock Hill Herald, who lists the following teams as having schedule workouts with Newton: the Panthers (first overall pick), Bills (third), Bengals (fourth), Cardinals (fifth), Browns (sixth), Titans (eighth), Redskins (10th), Vikings (12th) and Seahawks (25th).

Doesn't surprise me too much. imo he has enough questions that his strengths don't make him a smart choice for us.

Some guys you roll the dice if the good >>>>> bad but in this case what makes Cam Newton such a good prospect imo doesn't fit as well into the WCO. I'd almost rather gamble on Locker. But want neither at #7.
Maiocco tweet

Harbaugh is at tcu pro day, watching dalton
mattbarrows

Jim Harbaugh at Dalton's pro day adds a pinch of credence to the thought that the 49ers are aiming for a 2nd-Rd QB
Originally posted by teeohh:
Maiocco tweet

Harbaugh is at tcu pro day, watching dalton

awesome, I like that kid!
I wonder if Harbs will be attending Nevada's pro day too.
Share 49ersWebzone