LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Are you kidding me!!!!

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by owiseone:
Blaine Gabbert threw only 16 touchdowns in the spread offense last year! Are you guys kidding me! You want us to draft a guy that throws 16 touchdowns in his last year of college oppose to the heisman trophy winner who accounted for 40 touchdowns and a national championship while playing in the sec!!! If he throws for only 16 touchdowns in division he was in I wonder if he would have even started on an sec team at all! You guys want us to take him #7 with 16 touchdowns? Are you kidding me!

All Heisman winning QB turn out to be NFL gold. well, except for Andre Ware, Ty Detmer , Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffel, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Jason White, Matt Leinart, Troy Smith, and Tim Tebow. oh wait....

college stats mean nothing. from 1989 to 2007, 12 QB have won the Heisman for their college stats and performance. 11 of them have been NFL busts, or not made it far enough to even bust. Carson Palmer is the only winner that was worth anything in that span. obviously its looking good for Sam Bradford so far, but the point is its fundamentally sound guys with the leadership intangibles that make it in the NFL, not guys like Cam Newton who can throw it 85 yds and was the college MVP.

How many of those guys played like Newton last year and posted those types of numbers? Newton is in the mold of a Mike Vick. Randall Cunningham and Donovan Mcnabb. He certainly isnt in the Mold of a Matt Lienart. The Heisman doesnt mean squat, his physical skill set does.
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
Blaine Gabbert threw only 16 touchdowns in the spread offense last year! Are you guys kidding me! You want us to draft a guy that throws 16 touchdowns in his last year of college oppose to the heisman trophy winner who accounted for 40 touchdowns and a national championship while playing in the sec!!! If he throws for only 16 touchdowns in division he was in I wonder if he would have even started on an sec team at all! You guys want us to take him #7 with 16 touchdowns? Are you kidding me!

All Heisman winning QB turn out to be NFL gold. well, except for Andre Ware, Ty Detmer , Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffel, Chris Weinke, Eric Crouch, Jason White, Matt Leinart, Troy Smith, and Tim Tebow. oh wait....

college stats mean nothing. from 1989 to 2007, 12 QB have won the Heisman for their college stats and performance. 11 of them have been NFL busts, or not made it far enough to even bust. Carson Palmer is the only winner that was worth anything in that span. obviously its looking good for Sam Bradford so far, but the point is its fundamentally sound guys with the leadership intangibles that make it in the NFL, not guys like Cam Newton who can throw it 85 yds and was the college MVP.

How many of those guys played like Newton last year and posted those types of numbers? Newton is in the mold of a Mike Vick. Randall Cunningham and Donovan Mcnabb. He certainly isnt in the Mold of a Matt Lienart. The Heisman doesnt mean squat, his physical skill set does.

LOL @ you just grouping Cam Newton in with those other black QB's just because hes black. hes not like Vick or Cunningham at all. he doesnt run around, hes a big pocket passer. his skillset is nothing like Mike Vicks. i still think hes going to bust, but hes much more of a Big Ben type passer than anything.

LOL @ you just grouping Cam Newton in with those other black QB's just because hes black. hes not like Vick or Cunningham at all. he doesnt run around, hes a big pocket passer. his skillset is nothing like Mike Vicks. i still think hes going to bust, but hes much more of a Big Ben type passer than anything.

I grouped them becuase thats the group he belongs with. He doesnt run around? He had almost 1500yds rushing last year(14 games about 108 yds a gm) with 20 rushing tds. Are we talking about the same guy?
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Joecool:

How do Matt Cassell's college stats look like?

Or Tom Brady's for that matter.

Championship! Oh wait....

So blaine gabbert is the next Tom Brady? Are you kidding me!!!!
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Year Lge Team Age # GP Comp Att % Yds TD INT TD% INT% Y/G Y/A RAT
1996 NCAA Michigan Wolverines 19 10 12 3 5 60.0 26 0 1 0.0 20.0 2.2 5.2 63.7
1997 NCAA Michigan Wolverines 20 10 4 12 15 80.0 103 0 0 0.0 0.0 25.8 6.9 137.7
1998 NCAA Michigan Wolverines 21 10 13 214 350 61.1 2636 15 12 4.3 3.4 202.8 7.5 131.7
1999 NCAA Michigan Wolverines 22 10 12 214 341 62.8 2586 20 6 5.9 1.8 215.5 7.6 142.3

At least Tom Brady played in a much tougher conference than missouri! There is a reason the 49ers interviewed Cam Cameron and another quaterback besides this kid from missouri, because harbaugh is probably saying the same thing as I am "he through for 16 touchdowns in the spread offense " Are you kidding me!!
I know right? Plus his name is Blaine. WTF kind of sh1t is that?

That's right it's those intangibles that made him win the Heisman Trophy and the National Championship and the Junior College Championship. Remember what Bill Walsh said if they win Championships on multiple levels then they are probably going to probably play on a championship level in the pros!

At least Tom Brady played in a much tougher conference than missouri! There is a reason the 49ers interviewed Cam Cameron and another quaterback besides this kid from missouri, because harbaugh is probably saying the same thing as I am "he through for 16 touchdowns in the spread offense " Are you kidding me!!
why did they do this?
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Year Lge Team Age # GP Comp Att % Yds TD INT TD% INT% Y/G Y/A RAT
1996 NCAA Michigan Wolverines 19 10 12 3 5 60.0 26 0 1 0.0 20.0 2.2 5.2 63.7
1997 NCAA Michigan Wolverines 20 10 4 12 15 80.0 103 0 0 0.0 0.0 25.8 6.9 137.7
1998 NCAA Michigan Wolverines 21 10 13 214 350 61.1 2636 15 12 4.3 3.4 202.8 7.5 131.7
1999 NCAA Michigan Wolverines 22 10 12 214 341 62.8 2586 20 6 5.9 1.8 215.5 7.6 142.3

Did you mean Newt Cameron, or Cam Maceroon?

That's right it's those intangibles that made him win the Heisman Trophy and the National Championship and the Junior College Championship. Remember what Bill Walsh said if they win Championships on multiple levels then they are probably going to probably play on a championship level in the pros!

Thats a crock, plenty of great player come from less then great teams/programs. Great players cant help where they play.

Originally posted by ritchie:
I know right? Plus his name is Blaine. WTF kind of sh1t is that?

Exactly!!!!

Thats a crock, plenty of great player come from less then great teams/programs. Great players cant help where they play.

Yeah but when your the quaterback then your suppose to carry your team, throwing for 16 touchdowns is not carrying your team!

Yeah but when your the quaterback then your suppose to carry your team, throwing for 16 touchdowns is not carrying your team!

You are taking one number (16) and making it a corner stone for your argument. To many variables go into that one number though. Pass protection, WRs ability to create space and get open, a solid ground game to force an extra man down in the box, etc.

You cant take one number and say thats why somone cant perform. Its just not ethical or logical.

You are taking one number (16) and making it a corner stone for your argument. To many variables go into that one number though. Pass protection, WRs ability to create space and get open, a solid ground game to force an extra man down in the box, etc.

You cant take one number and say thats why somone cant perform. Its just not ethical or logical.

Since when has the truth been unethical? You don't want the truth to come out about this guy, and we I bring the truth out you say it's unethical to tell the people who's not thinking or doing their own homework on a guy that he only threw for 16 touchdowns in a spread offence that is designed for him to throw for 25 to 35 touchdowns. Say what you want but we have enough Alex Smiths we don't need another one.

just take a look at the contra-locker posts...
Share 49ersWebzone