LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

1st Round Projected (w/trades)

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Any thing saying Gabbert at #7, I'm for.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 3, 2011 at 12:45 PM ]
Originally posted by KRS-1:

6- Dallas (fr/Cle) Patrick Peterson DB Louisiana State

That's exactly what I expect to happen should Peterson last this long.
I don't see Baalke going QB at #7...it's not Harbaugh's plan to throw any rookie out there, he wants a vet. He'll eventually get one...soon as the CBA's done. Nobody knows when that'll be, but when it happens, look for TB/JH to execute their plan expeditiously (word-of-the-day). I expect Fangio to lobby hard for an elite pass rusher...and Quinn would be the guy...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't see Baalke going QB at #7...it's not Harbaugh's plan to throw any rookie out there, he wants a vet. He'll eventually get one...soon as the CBA's done. Nobody knows when that'll be, but when it happens, look for TB/JH to execute their plan expeditiously (word-of-the-day). I expect Fangio to lobby hard for an elite pass rusher...and Quinn would be the guy...

If the team sees what they consider a franchise QB at 7 I think they will pull the trigger. The roster does not hold the QB of the future and there is no telling how easy or hard of a time they'll have getting a vet and which vets will have interest in coming here. Just makes no sense to put all the eggs into the free agent/trade basket when that period is going to happen post draft and we can't guarantee to get what we want or need.
Originally posted by lamontb:
nice mock i think Detroit will take Jimmy Smith at 13 over an OT
and watching stafford going back to hospital again

dareus, quinn and prince are available and we should draft gabbert? i'm not very convinced about that.

fairley over dareus? why?
Its different, hey it could happen.
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
any mock could happen...it's just my personal opinion.
Originally posted by communist:

Sure it could but I`m certain Coach has his eye on a few late rd qb he feels he can develope. I can with almost absoulte certainy say that we will not grab a qb with our first pick.

Nothing against the OP
[ Edited by CoachingMatters on Mar 3, 2011 at 4:50 PM ]
I want to put my name officially on the "Blane Gabbert will be a s**tty pro" side

gabbert, pretty boy hannah montana cuz he's mel gibson, woo woo
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Thanks for the awesome insight. You made a very logical point.

Sure it could but I`m certain Coach has his eye on a few late rd qb he feels he can develope. I can with almost absoulte certainy say that we will not grab a qb with our first pick.

Nothing against the OP

As many of the good veteran posters would tell you this is all guesswork and no one can say with any amount of certainty whether we would take a QB in the 1st round or not. At the end of the day if any QB with 1st round potential looks like a franchise QB that he could build this team around and is worth going at #7 why won't we pull the trigger ?

The only thing we can say with absolute certainty is that QB is the single most important position on a football team and the top priority on this team.
Good mock although I think we would take Quinn over Gabbert if it worked out that way. I did picture Dallas jumping up to 6 if Peterson was available still
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Marcell Dareus with the 7th pick, and I wouldn't even think twice about it.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Snider8706:

Thanks for the awesome insight. You made a very logical point.

Nothing against the OP

As many of the good veteran posters would tell you this is all guesswork and no one can say with any amount of certainty whether we would take a QB in the 1st round or not. At the end of the day if any QB with 1st round potential looks like a franchise QB that he could build this team around and is worth going at #7 why won't we pull the trigger ?

The only thing we can say with absolute certainty is that QB is the single most important position on a football team and the top priority on this team.

lol.... And qb is important but not in the first round of this years draft
Share 49ersWebzone