LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Where to pick Gore's replacement?

Mark Ingram in the 4th round. lol No wonder people can tackle him he's so slow they over run him... lol quick feet but top speed was the bus good!
Demarco Murray Round 3 after we get our qb round 1 or 2! 50 career t.d.s and 4.4 40 oh Yeah!
In the 2012 NFL draft, the 49ers select Trent Richardson from Alabama
Originally posted by smacII:

Man hes a beast. As a Bama fan everytime he touches the ball I get excited.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by smacII:

Man hes a beast. As a Bama fan everytime he touches the ball I get excited.

I would rather wait until 2013 draft to select Eddie Lacey from Bama. He is bigger, stronger version on Richardson. I would not be surprised to see him push Richardson for his starting job. Everytime I see that kid run, I can tell he is special.
He's already on the team.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
He's already on the team.

Yes Sir.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I don't like this years RB class

Agreed. And luckily, we don't need to take one this year.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Big Dix

Not sold on him yet.....
me neither but we have much bigger holes to fill...and we have westbrook, iirc. that should be enough to ignore this position in the first 4 rounds.

So pissed Gore's years have been wasted on mediocrity. However I have the feeling he'll be around longer than most people think..
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
So pissed Gore's years have been wasted on mediocrity. However I have the feeling he'll be around longer than most people think..

Man I hope so but don't see it. I say 3 more years including this coming year. He might be around longer but just not effective like he is now. He really does get hurt every year you know?
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Da'Rel Scott showed very well at the Senior Bowl...also had a very good combine. He's got a nice combination of size/speed and catches the ball ok. There are others...Baron Batch from TT has some ability...didn't run a ton at TT, but he catches the ball exceptionally well. Helu, the kid from Nebraska, showed well at the combine and ran a 4.42. I don't see Baalke taking a RB 'til day 3, possibly. I believe they'll be thinking in terms of a 2-back system...to use two guys on a regular basis, even though one (Dixon) may be the primary starter.

Would be very happy if we drafted Da'Rel Scott from Maryland
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
In next years draft. LaMichael James FTW!!!

Not a starting running back in the NFL though IMO

MAYBE a Darren Sproles

You think he's not an NFL starter? Look how hard he hits the line and is gone.

I am sold on him. I also would not mine Demarco Murray from Oklahoma.

hahaha trust me, you don't need to tell me how good he is. I've seen literally every single one of his games this year.. I've even seen him making out with his girlfriend in my apartment complex

Look at that clip at the 2 minute mark where he lowers his shoulder and pops that Arizona safety (who I think is an absolute punk). He is not only fast, but physical and deceptively strong for his size, which leads me to my concern...

He is WAY too small to take multiple hits from NFL sized DL and LB. I've seen the dude up close and he looks like a 12 year old kid. He doesn't even have good hands so teams couldn't use him as slot back and motion him around through screens and such.

I think the ceiling fro him is a great back up that can split the carries with a more bruising kind of back. If we keep Gore and spell him with some Carries with LMJ, then I'm more than all for it.

But as Gore's replacement for the future? no way he will last in this league as a full time starter. But Hey, I hope he proves me wrong because he brought us to the Rose Bowl and National Championship in my first 2 years of college

I got you man good points made. Another guy to watch out for is that Lattimore kid from SC. He is gonna be a beast in the future.

He already is!
Share 49ersWebzone