Not a member? Register Now!

Wes Bunting Mock 2.0

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by tidissis08:
I wouldn't pass on Patrick Peterson....

I wouldn't either unless Von Miller is available.

It's a tough choice...but we've been lacking a pass rush ever since we converted to a 3-4 defense. We've been able to find serviceable CBs, but not at OLB for a pass rush attack.

I wouldn't be disappointed in Peterson as he is legit talent, but I would prefer Miller.
Typical overreaction with Julio going at #4.

As for us.
This would be an interesting scenario between Miller and Peterson.
I agree with him however in picking the pass rusher.
I wonder if the Panthers might be feel forced to go with a qb there because of Brees, Ryan, Freeman in the division. They need to strike gold with a qb to if they want to be competitive in that division. It's too bad Luck opted to stay in school, the qb battles in could have been awesome.
  • cozz4
  • Veteran
horrible mock draft...no chance newton goes #1...no chance julio jones goes before aj green...and no chance peterson drops to #8...unrealistic
Originally posted by cozz4:
horrible mock draft...no chance newton goes #1...no chance julio jones goes before aj green...and no chance peterson drops to #8...unrealistic

Is Tyson Jackson at unrealistic? NFL drafts are always unpredictable
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
Newton goes 1st and Julio Jones goes 4th before Green. This would be a dream scenario for us. The top pass rusher(Miller)and corner(Peterson) starring us in the face at 7. I`d be so pumped if the draft shook out like this.

A+++++++++

A+ situation
C+ mock
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
Newton goes 1st and Julio Jones goes 4th before Green. This would be a dream scenario for us. The top pass rusher(Miller)and corner(Peterson) starring us in the face at 7. I`d be so pumped if the draft shook out like this.

A+++++++++

A+ situation
C+ mock

The mock is the situation
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by tidissis08:
I wouldn't pass on Patrick Peterson....

I wouldn't either unless Von Miller is available.

Not even if Von Miller is available. Von Miller is too small. He was a great talent in college, and he'll have his good days here and there in the NFl, but the positives from having an elite corner outweigh IMO. If Patrick Peterson is there, we have to take him. If not him, Prince.
I'd rather have Peterson & Brooks Reed in rd 2, than miller and any of the 2nd tier corners.
Originally posted by cozz4:

I love how people claim that "there's no chance" that these scenarios happen. If you've ever seen an NFL draft, you should know that nothing is out of the realm of possibility.

No chance heyward bay was picked before crabtree though. right?
Could happen...but, a lot depends on what kind of run there is on Newton & Gabbert. If neither is in top 5, Peterson could fall. Still, if Quinn was still on the board, I'm thinking Fangio would lobby hard for him. He wants an elite pass rusher more than a CB...really, he wants both, but would arguably be willing to settle for a 2nd rd CB if he could get a guy like Quinn first.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Could happen...but, a lot depends on what kind of run there is on Newton & Gabbert. If neither is in top 5, Peterson could fall. Still, if Quinn was still on the board, I'm thinking Fangio would lobby hard for him. He wants an elite pass rusher more than a CB...really, he wants both, but would arguably be willing to settle for a 2nd rd CB if he could get a guy like Quinn first.

I`m sure Fangio wants alot of things. But ultimately its not up to him and I doubt he gets much say in the matter of our picks to be honest. They may ask him some things but he is not a scout, He is a coach. He just coaches what they give him. There is a whole nother department who makes those decisions and grades on players.
[ Edited by CoachingMatters on Mar 3, 2011 at 12:58 PM ]