There are 146 users in the forums

SWAGG Filled Rankings: Post Combine

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by communist:
I am surprised that so many people hate these rankings he does. I mean if you look back at past drafts and you had Aaron Rodgers/Frank Gore ranked 1-2 for that 05 draft people would kill you. If you listed TO in his draft as a top 10 guy, people would've looked at you like youre nuts. Guys always surprise later in the draft and inevitably some guys in the first few rounds bust, he is simply guessing as to who this surprises and leaving out guys he feels will bust.
i'm sorry but looking back and have a look at the ranking before the regarding draft is a BIG difference.

Yeah but he already said this isn't a mock or big board or anything based on value. He said this is his own PERSONAL RANKING OF WHO HE THINKS WILL TURN OUT WELL. Like I said before, there are plenty of guys like Gore who people would've thought you were crazy if you said "these guys will be the best or 2nd best player out of their draft class". Now are some of the rankins questionable? Yeah but so is every ranking. The fact that everyone just wants to stick to the experts boards and stuff and doesn't have their own ranking tells me that most fans don't have the ability to evaluate these guys and haven't seen anything in most of these players. Atleast he is willing to go out on a limb and take some shots on players he believes in. Come up with your own ranking if you think his sucks, don't just criticize him for having a ranking.
in general, even if i the qb is the most important position in this game, i wouldnt rank an above-avg qb-prospect (who COULD be a help in the future) over a patrick peterson, who would make an impact from day one. same goes for AJ green.
[ Edited by communist on Mar 1, 2011 at 7:28 PM ]
I am surprised that so many people hate these rankings he does. I mean if you look back at past drafts and you had Aaron Rodgers/Frank Gore ranked 1-2 for that 05 draft people would kill you. If you listed TO in his draft as a top 10 guy, people would've looked at you like youre nuts. Guys always surprise later in the draft and inevitably some guys in the first few rounds bust, he is simply guessing as to who this surprises and leaving out guys he feels will bust.
i'm sorry but looking back and have a look at the ranking before the regarding draft is a BIG difference.

Yeah but he already said this isn't a mock or big board or anything based on value. He said this is his own PERSONAL RANKING OF WHO HE THINKS WILL TURN OUT WELL. Like I said before, there are plenty of guys like Gore who people would've thought you were crazy if you said "these guys will be the best or 2nd best player out of their draft class". Now are some of the rankins questionable? Yeah but so is every ranking. The fact that everyone just wants to stick to the experts boards and stuff and doesn't have their own ranking tells me that most fans don't have the ability to evaluate these guys and haven't seen anything in most of these players. Atleast he is willing to go out on a limb and take some shots on players he believes in. Come up with your own ranking if you think his sucks, don't just criticize him for having a ranking.

Thanks for the support man! Much appreciated.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
What was Moch's weight at the combine? I've heard his weight was around 220 pre-combine. If he isn't over 240, he can kiss that DE/OLB hybrid label goodbye and enjoy transitioning to a 4-3 linebacker.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
What was Moch's weight at the combine? I've heard his weight was around 220 pre-combine. If he isn't over 240, he can kiss that DE/OLB hybrid label goodbye and enjoy transitioning to a 4-3 linebacker.
Originally posted by genus49:

Ponder #1, Stanzi #2 and Mallett #3

Mallett is a very different type of player from Ponder and Stanzi. If he had similar type of players ranked near each other that's one thing...to each is own but to have guys completely different in their skill sets right next to each other above really talented other positions is just someone pulling names out of a hat.

Is Joe Montana of similar skill set to Peyton Manning? No.
Originally posted by genus49:

Ponder #1, Stanzi #2 and Mallett #3

Mallett is a very different type of player from Ponder and Stanzi. If he had similar type of players ranked near each other that's one thing...to each is own but to have guys completely different in their skill sets right next to each other above really talented other positions is just someone pulling names out of a hat.

Nah I think he really watches these guys. He has had Ponder and Stanzi 1/2 for a while now. Mallett has jumped up his rankins though. To be fair, in a Coryell system with good protection Mallett could be really good. Before the potential drug stuff came out about Mallett he was thought of as a first rounder.

To be fair, my own personal list probably has Peterson #1 so I don't agree with him. But both of us have thought highly of Stanzi and Ponder and now scouts are starting to say Ponder is a potential 1st rounder. So there is some merritt there. Like I said, if you disagree with him that much then make your own rankings. Atleast a top 15 or something.

in general, even if i the qb is the most important position in this game, i wouldnt rank an above-avg qb-prospect (who COULD be a help in the future) over a patrick peterson, who would make an impact from day one. same goes for AJ green.

But i view them as above average qb prospects. I know the media doesn't, but i do.
Man you must really love Stanzi
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

But i view them as above average qb prospects. I know the media doesn't, but i do.
you got me wrong...above avg is NOT excellent. PP and green are excellent.
and i would rank mallett over ponder and stanzi respectively, based on their seasons. mallett played a good season in a competitive conference, without any mobility!!!
[ Edited by communist on Mar 1, 2011 at 7:51 PM ]
I like Ponder too, and if you want to put him at 1 fine. He's not the best prospect in this draft, but OK. Mallet on the other hand is trash. I was outraged when I watched him play and would hear announcers talking him up. He's not a franchise QB, and in 3 years he won't be with the team that drafts him. My $.05

you got me wrong...above avg is NOT excellent. PP and green are excellent.
and i would rank mallett over ponder and stanzi respectively, based on their seasons. mallett played a good season in a competitive conference, without any mobility!!!

let me rephrase. i view them as FRANCHISE qb's. you don't see it now, but i do. and you will in a few years.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I like Ponder too, and if you want to put him at 1 fine. He's not the best prospect in this draft, but OK. Mallet on the other hand is trash. I was outraged when I watched him play and would hear announcers talking him up. He's not a franchise QB, and in 3 years he won't be with the team that drafts him. My $.05

You don't like him because of his "off-field" stuff or the way he plays qb?
mallett is the most accurate QB in this draft class...he makes some stupid decisions, he has got some character issues and is relatively immobile. but he still is very accurate and i mean VERY accurate.
mallett is the most accurate QB in this draft class...he makes some stupid decisions, he has got some character issues and is relatively immobile. but he still is very accurate and i mean VERY accurate.

Ya he has a world class arm. An arm that doesn't come around but every 10 years. His immobility i believe is a tad exaggerated. No worse than Brady, Palmer, Peyton types.

I'm not worried about his character at all. I loved his leadership amongst his peers at the combine.

Ya he has a world class arm. An arm that doesn't come around but every 10 years. His immobility i believe is a tad exaggerated. No worse than Brady, Palmer, Peyton types.

I'm not worried about his character at all. I loved his leadership amongst his peers at the combine.
but the mentioned guys have much better pass protection.

i thought that mallett had a bad interview...
Share 49ersWebzone