LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

SWAGG Filled Rankings: Post Combine

We all know how i do this. These are my rankings of how i see the players translating to the NFL. This is not a mock. This is not a big board. This is not an accurate ranking of value for the NFL Draft. This is just how i view the NFL prospect list. Obviously i put a premium on quarterbacks, which is why i have 3 of them going 1,2,3. I feel each of them are FRANCHISE QB's. And because QB is the most important position on the team, they must go to the top. I welcome all critics and supporters.

1. Christian Ponder QB FSU
2. Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa
3. Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
4. AJ Green WR Georgia
5. Robert Quinn DE/OLB North Carolina
6. Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
7. JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
8. Patrick Peterson CB LSU
9. Nick Fairley DT Auburn
10. Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
11. Marcel Darius DT Alabama
12. Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
13. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
14. Buster Skrine CB UT Chattanooga
15. Brooks Reed DE/OLB Arizona
16. Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy
17. Julio Jones WR Alabama
18. Tyron Smith OT USC
19. Mark Ingram RB Alabama
20. Mikel LeShoure RB Illinois
21. Curtis Brown CB Texas
22. Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
23. Delone Carter RB Syracuse
24. Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin
25. Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
26. Phil Taylor NT Baylor
27. Rahim Moore S UCLA
28. Titus Young WR Boise St.
29. Stephen Paea DT Oregon St.
30. Dontay Moch OLB/DE Nevada
31. Danny Watkins OG Baylor
32. Martez Wilson ILB Illinois
TE's ahead of Cam Newton...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

why arent you ranking stanzi higher?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by KRS-1:

I am surprised that so many people hate these rankings he does. I mean if you look back at past drafts and you had Aaron Rodgers/Frank Gore ranked 1-2 for that 05 draft people would kill you. If you listed TO in his draft as a top 10 guy, people would've looked at you like youre nuts. Guys always surprise later in the draft and inevitably some guys in the first few rounds bust, he is simply guessing as to who this surprises and leaving out guys he feels will bust.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I am surprised that so many people hate these rankings he does. I mean if you look back at past drafts and you had Aaron Rodgers/Frank Gore ranked 1-2 for that 05 draft people would kill you. If you listed TO in his draft as a top 10 guy, people would've looked at you like youre nuts. Guys always surprise later in the draft and inevitably some guys in the first few rounds bust, he is simply guessing as to who this surprises and leaving out guys he feels will bust.
i'm sorry but hindsight always make you wiser...i.e. there is still a big difference between a pre-draft and a several years after-big board.
[ Edited by communist on Mar 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM ]
Originally posted by communist:
i'm sorry but looking back and have a look at the ranking before the regarding draft is a BIG difference.

Yeah but he already said this isn't a mock or big board or anything based on value. He said this is his own PERSONAL RANKING OF WHO HE THINKS WILL TURN OUT WELL. Like I said before, there are plenty of guys like Gore who people would've thought you were crazy if you said "these guys will be the best or 2nd best player out of their draft class". Now are some of the rankins questionable? Yeah but so is every ranking. The fact that everyone just wants to stick to the experts boards and stuff and doesn't have their own ranking tells me that most fans don't have the ability to evaluate these guys and haven't seen anything in most of these players. Atleast he is willing to go out on a limb and take some shots on players he believes in. Come up with your own ranking if you think his sucks, don't just criticize him for having a ranking.
Stopped reading after Stanzi #2, Mallett #3
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
We all know how i do this. These are my rankings of how i see the players translating to the NFL. This is not a mock. This is not a big board. This is not an accurate ranking of value for the NFL Draft. This is just how i view the NFL prospect list. Obviously i put a premium on quarterbacks, which is why i have 3 of them going 1,2,3. I feel each of them are FRANCHISE QB's. And because QB is the most important position on the team, they must go to the top. I welcome all critics and supporters.

1. Christian Ponder QB FSU
2. Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa
3. Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
4. AJ Green WR Georgia
5. Robert Quinn DE/OLB North Carolina
6. Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
7. JJ Watt DE Wisconsin
8. Patrick Peterson CB LSU
9. Nick Fairley DT Auburn
10. Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
11. Marcel Darius DT Alabama
12. Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson
13. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska
14. Buster Skrine CB UT Chattanooga
15. Brooks Reed DE/OLB Arizona
16. Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy
17. Julio Jones WR Alabama
18. Tyron Smith OT USC
19. Mark Ingram RB Alabama
20. Mikel LeShoure RB Illinois
21. Curtis Brown CB Texas
22. Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
23. Delone Carter RB Syracuse
24. Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin
25. Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
26. Phil Taylor NT Baylor
27. Rahim Moore S UCLA
28. Titus Young WR Boise St.
29. Stephen Paea DT Oregon St.
30. Dontay Moch OLB/DE Nevada
31. Danny Watkins OG Baylor
32. Martez Wilson ILB Illinois

Stanzi's a career backup, not a franchise qb. Poor senior bowl/combine performances back that up.

Having him at #2 is kinda silly even when you think qb's are more important than anything else.

Yeah but he already said this isn't a mock or big board or anything based on value. He said this is his own PERSONAL RANKING OF WHO HE THINKS WILL TURN OUT WELL. Like I said before, there are plenty of guys like Gore who people would've thought you were crazy if you said "these guys will be the best or 2nd best player out of their draft class". Now are some of the rankins questionable? Yeah but so is every ranking. The fact that everyone just wants to stick to the experts boards and stuff and doesn't have their own ranking tells me that most fans don't have the ability to evaluate these guys and haven't seen anything in most of these players. Atleast he is willing to go out on a limb and take some shots on players he believes in. Come up with your own ranking if you think his sucks, don't just criticize him for having a ranking.

Ponder #1, Stanzi #2 and Mallett #3

Mallett is a very different type of player from Ponder and Stanzi. If he had similar type of players ranked near each other that's one thing...to each is own but to have guys completely different in their skill sets right next to each other above really talented other positions is just someone pulling names out of a hat.
Share 49ersWebzone