LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

SF mock draft...

• cozz4
  • Veteran
first 4 rounds...

round 1 - patrick peterson CB...athletic freak.if he falls to #7 we cant pass him up...if he doesnt last that long, i would love to grab marcell dareus DE

round 2 - jonathan baldwin WR...big, tall, athletic WR. many compare him to vincent jackson. if he had a better qb throwing to him at pitt, this guy would be a top 20 pick no question

round 3 - dontay moch OLB...he put up ridiculus numbers at the combine so far. upgrading OLB is a major need

round 4 - casey matthews ILB...athletically hes not a top talent...but the kid has great instincts and he can tackle.in my mind hes a round 2 player who is gunna fall because hes not great athletically

round 4 - pernell mcphee DE...big,strong, and athletic
Baldwin wont make it that far and Matthews is a no no
So no QB for next year?
Mathews put up Only 13 on the Bench press today. No thanks
  • cozz4
  • Veteran
matthews has great FOOTBALL INSTINCTS...the kid knows what hes doing and can read the game...he will be a very solid pro...mark my words
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
So no QB for next year?

Why do we need a QB when we have Alex Smith and David Carr?
Originally posted by stonecold590:

i heard he had or seperated his shoulder during the workout
Originally posted by hofer36:

^This^
Baldwin won't be there in the 2nd. Moch absolutely won't be there in the 3rd. Why not Cam Newton in the 5th??

I MOCK YOUR MOCK
rd 1 is nice. Rd 2 is unnecesssary and I don't think he will be there. Rd 3 is nice. Why do we need another ILB? Plus Matthews put up only 13 reps on the bench??? I can do that and I weigh 190. The ILB we need will need to be able to take on blocks and fight through them. He'd have a tough time fighting though a block from the QB with those numbers.

• cgida
  • Veteran
Minus Peterson did you just put names in a hat and draw them out?

only 13 that's with a calcium deposit on his wrist. lol i'd like to see anyone here try to lift 225 with a deposit on their wrist. no t happening. dude you wouldn't even be able to do a push up.
Originally posted by hofer36:

& a calcium deposit on his wrist
I like the picks if they dropped in place, but think QB is more vital than a 5th(?). Many do not want to draft a WR high but I really do not like going into next year with Crabtree and Morgan having locks on their positions. They need to hear footsteps to keep them motivated. K Williams may be a third guy but don't see him unseating either of them. Baldwin should be there in the 2nd.

Matthews has such a good blood line that I would take him on spec. If he was injured and still tried to compete, doesn't that tell you something...sounds like a true Matthews. As for having enough inside LBs, the new D will be using them up and firing them from everywhere and Matthews is the type of guy who will know his assignments.

Moch is a bit small and may be gone. And McPhee seems suited for the 3/4 DE position. Over all, I like your picks.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 1, 2011 at 6:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone