There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How disappointed will you be if Peterson and Miller are gone?

How disappointed will you be if Peterson and Miller are gone?

If Quinn, Dareus, Fairley, Miller and Peterson are gone, Id be upset.

But, that still leaves Bowers and Green. We're in great shape at #7. There are seven elite players that would really help us.
[ Edited by strickac on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM ]
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
i believe prince's workout may also have a bearing on this opinion

So what if Prince has a better 40 time then PP, you'd change your opinion?

I like the 40, but I also like the jumps and the shuttles, the 40 is nice tosee see an athlete run in a straight line but it doesn't always equate to instant nfl success. Taylor Mays for instance.....or you can look at what Willis ran at the combine, then at his pro day. So, back to your question, the 40 won't be the deciding factor for me

but i see why you question that, many people love the 40 results

Thank you for your honesty. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. A lot of fans are hung up on solely 40 times. -l'm with you on the jumps and shuttles. I don't rate a player good/bad solely on combine #s. Its just a just a measuring tool to me. Prince, I believe, gets a lot of slack for not being a burner, when in fact he has more speed then he gets credit for. I was just curious on your opinion of Prince.
We could always trade back and get someone like Aldon Smith, Cameron Jordan or even Jimmy Smith (who should have a huge day tomorrow and make a ton of money).
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
We could always trade back and get someone like Aldon Smith, Cameron Jordan or even Jimmy Smith (who should have a huge day tomorrow and make a ton of money).

why so?

I like Smith, especially as a CU alum, but I don't see the speed that he needs to boost his stock into the 1st. Hopefully I'm wrong though.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

why so?

At his size, I believe he's going to run a great 40 time, look fluid in the drills and prove to a lot of people that he should be considered higher than he's currently viewed. Combine these numbers with pretty good tape over the last few years, he could find his way in to the top 15.
Originally posted by strickac:

I like Smith, especially as a CU alum, but I don't see the speed that he needs to boost his stock into the 1st. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

We shall see.

He's not a 4.2 guy like Peterson, but he could run in the 4.4s, which would be great for a CB his size. I don't think he'll jump Amukamara for the 2nd CB spot, but he could move in to the 15-20 range with a great workout tomorrow.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 28, 2011 at 7:59 PM ]
Both will be gone in the top 5, sorry.
With no Cam, no Peterson, I would really trade down and see if i can gather up more picks and land Kerrigan..

I would then do my best to land UNC'S Carter in the 2nd round and make another trade in the 2nd to land a CB..

But if Locker still hanging around in the late first, just like A-Rod was, then Id trade my next year's first rounder for the guy and let him sit behind a veteran this year..

Maybe a veteran like Bulger..
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
I said a little. If you said Quinn, Miller, and Peterson, then I'd be a lot.

This.
Very very bc pp and miller are bigger needs as a pass rusher and cb than a de or dt thats why. Those other des olbs tweeners could be a little bit more of a project than miller who is a natural experienced olb in a 3 - 4.

So if pp gets picked and miller....i really dont think a de or another olb besides miller could help or even start right away. Rotate in yes but start maybe not.

The question is if miller and pp are gone do we take prince at seven or a de or dt that might not even start?

We shall see.

He's not a 4.2 guy like Peterson, but he could run in the 4.4s, which would be great for a CB his size. I don't think he'll jump Amukamara for the 2nd CB spot, but he could move in to the 15-20 range with a great workout tomorrow.

I think Smith's 40 time answered a lot of questions today about this speed. Looking forward to seeing him the drills.
Id slap 1000 babies

baleeeed dat

F**k em up F**k em up, GO CU!
Not at all. 2 of the better prospects should be expected to be gone. just have to look at who is available.